Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

You can also add to that list fully qualified virologists, epidemiologists, war experts and career politicians. Who needs a degree when we have everyone on here.
I have a degree in nutrition from the University of Bluemoon.
As Trump said: “I eat proper burgers.”

I've already ruled Rodri out in my head until March/April. He first warned about player burnout & injuries in August 2024, & I'm gutted his fears have materialised for himself.

If the players don't stand up for themselves, the governing bodies & few clubs won't. It'll take a major player to stand down from International football at the height of their career, for UEFA, FIFA & National Associations to take notice.

UEFA, FIFA & the PL are reducing squad sizes & the amount of foreign players per squad, whilst on the other hand massively increasing the amount of top flight games the world's best players are expected to play.

Something's gotta give, & it looks like it's Rodri's knee. I'm seriously pissed off with the new format CL, World Club Cup & proposed expansion of the Euros & World Cup, alongside the pointless Nations League too. It's sheer corporate greed at the expense of player safety.
They could have revamped the CL into 3 groups of 12 and used the 36 team league format whereby every team plays 2 games against pot 1, 2 and 3 seeds, same as now but 2 games less. UEFA originally wanted 10 games but settled on 8 but it's only for the three seasons from 2024-25 to 2026-7, they'll be back for more without a doubt.

The Club World Cup is a joke, this season in the hotbed of World Football that is the USA. Infantino lives in Qatar, he'll be doing his best to get it played in the Middle East in future along with the bollocks of air conditioned stadiums, it's impossible to play football in the Middle East in Summer, there's a saying "only three things wrong with Dubai, June, July and August". He'll find a way and as you say something has to give, I absolutely detest International football, something I never thought I'd say going back 30 years ago.

Seems to me that it's likely to be pretty serious and there'll be a few surgery options, all with pros / cons and a bit of time is needed to discuss and agree which option to take

Edit: this was meant in response to Jezza11 above

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.