Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

I'm inclined to agree. He'll be 29 and coming back from a serious injury. We have to have an eye on the future because reintegrating Rodri will take time and we'll never likely see him play the same number of games in a season ever again. The biggest issue is of course trying to buy top talent mid-season. I believe that it can be done, but will come at a premium.

It might cost a bit more as you say, but the benefits are you do get the additional time for someone to adapt. I don't know who can replace him directly but it might be we have to look to play a slightly more direct approach at times and have two in midfield just to be a little bit more compact.

I'm not sure exactly what solution Pep will have. I would expect Kovacic to continue as per the start of the season, but I think the drop off from Rodri was evidenced by how dominant we were against Arsenal with him compared to when he went off.

I'm inclined to agree. He'll be 29 and coming back from a serious injury. We have to have an eye on the future because reintegrating Rodri will take time and we'll never likely see him play the same number of games in a season ever again. The biggest issue is of course trying to buy top talent mid-season. I believe that it can be done, but will come at a premium.
I have to say, Rodri choosing a surgeon in Madrid over Cugat concerns me a little. Sane did the same thing... the summer before he left for Bayern.

3 years on his contract will be 2 by the time he gets back. We'll sign another top DM in his absence/in case he doesn't come back the same. Real already sniffing around...

January might need to be a long term replacement. As Pep said an ACL is 9 months and then another season to get fitness back. Rodri would be 31 by then and we might not see the same Rodri again. Thinking might have to be we need a long term replacement.

We have to work on the basis he's out for the season and will then need another season getting back to match fitness and sharpness. No guarantee he won't have further issues. Better to try and sign someone in January to give them a head start.
Unlees the player we want is available in January,which is unlikely, then we will probably wait until the summer.

Attempting to place any sort of positive spin on the latest update is challenging to say the least. However, in the knowledge that Rodri is definitely missing for the remainder of the season, at least Pep can think long term regarding the appropriate remedial action rather than considering stop gap measures to plug what would otherwise be a temporary hole. Whether that is change of system with the existing squad or a dip into the transfer market come January only time will tell.

Nice 2 month rest, plays twice for Spain, we get 120 mins out of him then this.
Fuck off Partey you fugitive, you and your team mates knew what you were doing from the kick off. Well done cunts

January might need to be a long term replacement. As Pep said an ACL is 9 months and then another season to get fitness back. Rodri would be 31 by then and we might not see the same Rodri again. Thinking might have to be we need a long term replacement.
He turned 28 just three months ago.

I'm not sure why you're writing off the next three years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.