Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

I think Rico could do a job there breaking play up due to his energy, a bit like Kante did for Leicester and Chelsea.

Could be a blessing in disguise long-term.

The way he was going he was on the edge of expiring. Could have been completely burned out by 30. We were all worried about it happening.

This year off could mean he's still good at 33, 34.
It's not a career-ending injury anymore, so we could certainly get a lot out of him in future. Naturally everyone thinks that the most important season is the one that you're in, however, this would have been catastrophic 12 months ago. It's bad news now, but I feel like we're better equipped this time round.

What it has made me appreciate is just how difficult it is to win four-in-a-row. To overcome injuries, player departures, motivational issues and all manner of things, to finish top of the pile for the equivalent of a whole World Cup cycle is truly phenomenal. Invincibles, Centurions, Treble, back-to-back European Cups - you can have all that, but you'll never top the longest title-winning run in English football.

Rodri has 3 years left on his current contract. Apparently he was telling his Spanish teammates at the Euros "he couldn't move to Spain because of his City contract". He is giving no signs of extending with us.

If we assume Rodri is out for this season, we will likely have max. 2 more years of him?

We should be getting his replacement in ASAP, to fill a void this season and so Rodri can be given more protection and rest in the remaining time of his contract.

Yeah his choice of surgeon (Madri's favorite surgeon) is ringing alarm bells (the same kind that Sane went to have his ACL surgery with Bayern's favorite surgeon instead of Cugat).

We don't really have a choice.. we need to replace him now and it's going to be impossible to find 1 player so we'll likely need 2 players.

And considering Gundo's 33, KDB's 33, Kova 29, Akanji 29, Bernardo 30, Stones 30.. might not be the worst idea to freshen up our midfield.

He turned 28 just three months ago.

I'm not sure why you're writing off the next three years.

It ends careers it’s the worst injury in sport. If you look at what professionals say. It takes a months / years to get back to your best and you might have small injuries around that. Now take into account the insane football calendar the amount of games

And we better hope Haaland doesn't get injured because if he does Txiki will look extremely stupid.
You think that random misfortune would cause a man who’s played a significant role in god knows how many trophies to look stupid ?

That is extremely stupid of you

Ilkay Gundogan says hello btw
Ilkay had an ACL.

Aguero had a meniscus and he was never the same after that. :(

Also Ilkay was injured in 2017 and didn't really get a full run in the team till Fernandinho went down with 9 games left in 2019. So that's hardly a track record where he's going to be playing 50 games next year in a top form.

We're gonna need a new DM.. Rodri won't be back to his best anytime soon.

Last edited:
I think Rico could do a job there breaking play up due to his energy, a bit like Kante did for Leicester and Chelsea.
That would mean, in all likelihood, that Walker is still at right back, which I'm not sure, at this point, how anyone could want or feel confident in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.