Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

ESPN are the outlet that have told us all it`s an ACL tear and that he`ll miss the rest of the season. Everyone else has just run with this story. However, in their release they have stated it is suggested he suffered an ACL tear and that it "points to a tear". Hope it`s a case of when is a tear not a tear.

Manchester City midfielder Rodri will almost certainly miss the rest of the season after tests on Monday morning suggested he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in his right knee during Sunday's draw with Arsenal, a source told ESPN.

The source told ESPN that the Spain international is set for more tests but that everything points toward an ACL tear. He is likely to undergo surgery in Barcelona.
And Marca?

From the kick off they set the tone as wanting to take players out. So even when something innocuous takes place and a player gets injured it's hard to not think it's intentional. Blue tinted glasses from my end though
They might not have intended a season-threatening injury but it’s fairly plain they set out to rough Rodri up.

I’d hazard a guess that the very best case scenario would be 6/7 months on the sideline
Feels unlikely though - probably longer
Fucking gutted

I have never seen a player tear his ACL and walk/limp off like Rodri did. I’m taking the optimistic option.
Gazza tried to play on and walk after his ACL then his knee gave way. I'm hanging on to the possibility that our medics would not have allowed Rodri to walk off the pitch if they suspected serious damage. Once you have a tear in a ligament or meniscus, walking on it increases the risk of the tear worsening. When I had my meniscus op at North Manchester GH in 96, the surgeon told me that guys like me who played a lot of footy, especially five-a-side, have a few micro tears on the ligament and/or meniscus and when you twist your knee while running the micro tears become big tears.

If you compare the approaches to playing football, and compare the two managers, then yes, liverpool would be preferable over arsenal by a long way. But that alone doesn’t factor in the supporters though, or the owners/hierarchy of the club …
I've factored in the supporters and the clubs. They are mostly objectionable to put it kindly. They are all part of the redshirt cartel that I'd trying to ruin City.

I'm hanging on to the possibility that our medics would not have allowed Rodri to walk off the pitch if they suspected serious damage
Not only that, they’re allowing him to catch a flight to Barcelona and walk around the airport seemingly with no kind of knee support or crutches

I did mine about 6 years ago. It wasn’t even a full rupture. But the day after I couldn’t bend my knee at all or put my foot down

Have you got that footage? The replay I saw, I don’t think Partey could be given much blame.
Looks at him twice then challenged him away from the ball. He didn't cause the injury on purpose but it's just an example of what can happen when our players are reffed differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.