Rodri Injury Updates | TNT & ESPN reporting ACL | Still nothing official

Could be. Or could be

Tony McCarroll is the forgotten man of Oasis who quit the band in 1995 at the height of their fame after Noel criticised the quality of his playing.

A couple to choose from - but which fits the poster best??
the real lost member is Matt Deighton who replaced Noel incredibly in 2000 (?) on part of the european tour for a few gigs when Noel threw his dummy out

scott mcleod played maybe 2 gigs and a video

Reactions: CC1
Unfortunately not. You can walk quite fine on a completely torn ACL (speaking from experience). It is your balance when making quick stop/start moves - as you do in Football, Basketball, Tennis, etc. that is impaired.

If it is a partial tear, recovery depends on whether the doctor recommends surgery. Surgery + mandatory rehab is 6 months minimum. But for a relatively minor tear, rehabilitation short of surgery can work in which case it can be less - potentially 3-4 months.

We really dont know until Cugat comes out with something - neither do any of the reporters despite ESPN/TNT's pronouncements. I still think it is odd that that that report from El Larguero came out claiming no serious damage.
after seeing that video surely hes running it off in time for saturday

You will know. Its what did for Colin Bell, Paul Lake, and Erling's dad when Roy Keane did him. And in a big ball of karma Keane did his too. Shearer did his. Gascoine in that FA cup final. Loads of players but these days it is recoverable with top surgery and careful rehab. It did used to be pretty much the end but it can be overcome now and has been with success among lots of players. Its tough rehab. Basically that ligament is small but tough and is the main short piece that runs right through the middle of the knee, about an inch or so long only it cant be fixed once gone. They generally twine hamstring and thread it through the gap and attach it to the start of the calf as a replacement. And all that needs to settle and then strengthen to be one workable strong and flexible piece.
You are describing the fix for a grade 3 full tear or rupture, if he's walking about without crutches (with our without a brace), it's highly unlikely he's done that. If it's a grade 1 then surgery is unlikely to be needed, even a grade 2 wouldn't need what you describe. That's not to say it won't still be months out, even with a grade 1.

You are describing the fix for a grade 3 full tear or rupture, if he's walking about without crutches (with our without a brace), it's highly unlikely he's done that. If it's a grade 1 then surgery is unlikely to be needed, even a grade 2 wouldn't need what you describe. That's not to say it won't still be months out, even with a grade 1.

We have to hope it's a suspected ACL but that further tests say otherwise....very unlikely but until it's official I'm going to try and stay positive.

The poster is right though, when I watched the match again last night, I rewound the bit where it happened. Partey looked at Rodri before giving him a bit of a shove. The most innocuous challenges or pushes or whatever you want to call them sometimes turn out to be the ones that end up with the opposing player with terrible injury. In this instance it’s Rodri and he was in awful pain the poor man.

No I get that, I just think that’s more bad luck than anything though, they’re not going to start giving fouls any time a player does something like that. Like I said after, I hope Partey feels at least some guilt (although I doubt it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.