Rodri's strike comment

From his perspective I get it.

I think it’s more on the clubs to make sure they’re rotating enough though. And I wouldn’t want to see clubs over country much either.

That said, they could do a lot more about the schedule too. The changes to the CL weren’t needed.

I do think there is too much football now. I never thought I’d say that, but with the amount of pointless international games that interrupt the real football (international football is utter shite anyway), these stupid preseason tours and in some cases mid season tours it’s a constant. Added to that the champions league expanding and the club World Cup next summer there is no break at all for some players.

If the PFA and the like do start making noise and a limit on how many games can be played by a player comes in then the clubs will no doubt start reducing wages and carry bigger squads. I’m sure I read that they have done it in basketball. Do they play something stupid like 82 games over a much shorter length season?

Personally, I’d start by making the league cup optional for teams playing in Europe and they should fuck off the preseason tours across the world. If they need fitness they can play local friendlies. The travel, whilst luxury, still means they’re away from home for weeks and that will only add to the fatigue.

Others will disagree but that’s how I see it.

I do think there is too much football now. I never thought I’d say that, but with the amount of pointless international games that interrupt the real football (international football is utter shite anyway), these stupid preseason tours and in some cases mid season tours it’s a constant. Added to that the champions league expanding and the club World Cup next summer there is no break at all for some players.

If the PFA and the like do start making noise and a limit on how many games can be played by a player comes in then the clubs will no doubt start reducing wages and carry bigger squads. I’m sure I read that they have done it in basketball. Do they play something stupid like 82 games over a much shorter length season?

Personally, I’d start by making the league cup optional for teams playing in Europe and they should fuck off the preseason tours across the world. If they need fitness they can play local friendlies. The travel, whilst luxury, still means they’re away from home for weeks and that will only add to the fatigue.

Others will disagree but that’s how I see it.

Virtually non of the top players play any pre season games anymore, so getting rid of the tours is not going to make the slightest bit of difference to them.

Virtually non of the top players play any pre season games anymore, so getting rid of the tours is not going to make the slightest bit of difference to them.
The 2023 Asia tour squad that travelled and played Bayern and Atletico etc was our first team squad. They then played a full season and an international comp afterwards.

You’re right about this preseason though.

From his perspective I get it.

I think it’s more on the clubs to make sure they’re rotating enough though. And I wouldn’t want to see clubs over country much either.

That said, they could do a lot more about the schedule too. The changes to the CL weren’t needed.

I get it from his perspective, but he pretty much had to make a cry for help last season to get some rest. Pep will 100% know he's played too much and that's why he was given an extended rest this season, and I'm sure Kovacic will play more in that role over the season where Rodri needs a break. Gundo's return means he could potentially drop a bit deeper and with Rico's form so far we should have enough in most games.

But prior to this season he's been flogged because he's so good and Pep just wouldn't rest him. And it's a similar story with Spain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.