Rodri's strike comment

Yeah, I'm under the impression that the national FA could take action if you refuse to play, and unless yer injured or over, say, 30, retirement from international footy doesn't appear to be an option.

You actually don't have to play for your country, the only repercussion is that you probably wont be asked again.

That's the ONLY action the FA could take.

Yeah, I'm under the impression that the national FA could take action if you refuse to play, and unless yer injured or over, say, 30, retirement from international footy doesn't appear to be an option.
If the FA call a player up and they refuse, then they could enforce the FIFA ruling of the player being unavailable for a certain period after the internationals have finished.

A player has to notify their FA prior to call ups being announced that they don’t wish to be considered for selection.

Fatigue has been a problem for years.

Ive said for quite some time the players are knackered. This season you will see so many more I juries than usual and the fixture list ahead ( domestic and international) is,imo, enough for top players to make them feel deflated. If we don't listen to the players there will be major problems.

I believe the problem is huge, and I can't prove it,but I think there are more than a few players over playing or feigning injury just to get rest.

Big squads will mask the problem. Short term. At City KDB seems unable to last 90 mins now. At Chelsea the unbelievable fitness issues from last season has contnued into this. Their captain James recklessly got himself sent off at the tail end of the season ,had all summer to rest, somehow picked up a hamstring injury during the summer ...and is still out to this day. Rodri has been complaining for a while now. The injury lists around the premiership tell their own story ,early on, a few weeks into the new season..at a time when, historically every squad member was fit and raring to go, full of hope for the new season.
I'm rambling now ,but to answer your specific question.,the issue of weather the players can strike is redundant in my view.... some will effectively be dropping to their knees ,physically unable to play unless something is done about it. Akanji spoke recently about retiring soon to avoid the future fixture list...he was apparently joking but his description of the upcoming schedule for him personally ,makes you think.

This is a serious issue , one we were all warned about a few years ago by the Belguim national coach who articulated his fears and concerns for KDB a nd him being burnt out. I posted the coaches comments on here and got laughed at.

No one is laughing now, not least the player himself. Rodri is in the same boat.

There is too much football. And not enough rest.
Haaland looks a man transformed after his summer off. ..
Haaland does indeed look like a man who's really benefited from a proper break.

International football is so unbelievably uninteresting. Maybe the players feel super patriotic and want to play for their country? Or maybe they just like more money, which I'm sure motivates some of them.

Americans find football odd in that the sport is effectively year-round vs. professional sports popular here where seasons run 5-7 months and international play is reasonably limited (or non-existent). Moreover, the major four sports all have players' unions and of course are closed leagues ex-periodic expansion. I empathize with footballers -- who are in top physical condition and must work quite hard to stay so, with no break. I can see this problem getting worse. The money grab has resulted into too many cups, too many international tournaments, and too many silly club exhibitions. Eventually over-saturation damages the product, and the "performers".

It's not just about the number of games. These players have families. They need to have holidays just like the rest of us. Can't have a decent break at Christmas. Gap between the end of season if you get to finals before internationals, pre season and charity shield is ridiculously small.

Yes but they don't have typical jobs either. Most of them can do the school run before heading to training and they also earn a significant amount to live a luxurious lifestyle which means anytime they do have off in the summer is quite a substantial and restful break for them.

In the words of Kevin de Bruyne, the Nations League is ‘a competition nobody asked for’.

Ilkay Gündoğan also once said something along the lines of, ‘I love the Champions League, I don’t see why it needs to change. I look forward to the Group Stage and then the Knock-out Phase the way it is’.

Players don’t get a proper pre-season, they’re paraded around the world on fucking stupid tours that give them almost no preparation for a football season. Then before teams have even got into their stride in the new season, there’s a stupidly timed international break. That international break should not exist, it’s fucking ridiculous.

Players and managers are never consulted about all this stupid shit. Players are not treated like serious athletes by the governing bodies or their clubs in this sport, they’re just treated like entertainers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.