Rodri's strike comment

No they don't they could do a Ben White and say no, it just means you wont get picked again probably.

Players aren't mentioning the internationals they play when they say they play too much, it's always too much club football.
Or pretend you're injured and then fuck off on a shopping trip to New York (and still be in both managers good books eh Marcus?)

The PFA is the union for players in the premier league. I don't think the same thing exists for European competition. Ultimately if there are more games then the manager will need to increase the squad size or rest players more regularly. We've already seen Rodri have a longer break and Foden be rested so Pep acknowledges the need for rotation this season more than most. That will be the natural change. We won't hit a point where players strike or games get reduced, we'll just see more rotation from the top clubs.

It's also a question of what the top clubs are bothered about. Will they take the Club World Cup seriously? Or will they take a young squad and save the first team for the latter stages? Ancelotti said Real Madrid would sack it off before FIFA suggested they couldn't and his board stepped in! I think if Rodri was broken we'd just leave him out of it.
It's not just about the number of games. These players have families. They need to have holidays just like the rest of us. Can't have a decent break at Christmas. Gap between the end of season if you get to finals before internationals, pre season and charity shield is ridiculously small.

Exactly, Allison said more or less the same thing & no sign of any BBC Have Your Say section, obviously they have one for Rodris comments so all the dickheads foaming at the mouth can get stuck in with there braindead comments,
Clear & Organised smear campaign by the shit stain organisation that is the BBC.
I take it back there is a HYS section on Allisons comments, my mistake, The BBC is still a shit stain organisation though :-)

Is there even a mechanism for players to strike? They aren't in a union are they?
Fatigue has been a problem for years.

Ive said for quite some time the players are knackered. This season you will see so many more I juries than usual and the fixture list ahead ( domestic and international) is,imo, enough for top players to make them feel deflated. If we don't listen to the players there will be major problems.

I believe the problem is huge, and I can't prove it,but I think there are more than a few players over playing or feigning injury just to get rest.

Big squads will mask the problem. Short term. At City KDB seems unable to last 90 mins now. At Chelsea the unbelievable fitness issues from last season has contnued into this. Their captain James recklessly got himself sent off at the tail end of the season ,had all summer to rest, somehow picked up a hamstring injury during the summer ...and is still out to this day. Rodri has been complaining for a while now. The injury lists around the premiership tell their own story ,early on, a few weeks into the new season..at a time when, historically every squad member was fit and raring to go, full of hope for the new season.
I'm rambling now ,but to answer your specific question.,the issue of weather the players can strike is redundant in my view.... some will effectively be dropping to their knees ,physically unable to play unless something is done about it. Akanji spoke recently about retiring soon to avoid the future fixture list...he was apparently joking but his description of the upcoming schedule for him personally ,makes you think.

This is a serious issue , one we were all warned about a few years ago by the Belguim national coach who articulated his fears and concerns for KDB a nd him being burnt out. I posted the coaches comments on here and got laughed at.

No one is laughing now, not least the player himself. Rodri is in the same boat.

There is too much football. And not enough rest.
Haaland looks a man transformed after his summer off. ..

I expect he is talking about all the internationals and more cl games , doubt he is talking about the basic prem games , pep rotates them just fine

When cefarin said the other day that players welcome the extra cl games as players want to play , such a **** , they are not machines
Dont forget we are in the club world cup this summer from June so if we get to the final the season will end mid July and then the new season starts 3 weeks later

Those in charge of running the game - the FA, PL, UEFA and FIFA are all trying to out do each other in adding more and more games and competitions. They are not doing if for any other reason than greed.

I personally hope the players do get together and say enough is enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.