It’s Hard
Pinball Wizard
Bargain
Who Are You
Summertime Blues
See Me Feel Me / We’re Not Gonna Take It
Slip Kid
Magic Bus

So I gave me myself five minutes, no peeking, and got 18 off the top of my head. Now I’ll peek:

Another Tricky Day
Long Live Rock
Pictures of Lily
Pure and Easy
Sparks
The Seeker
I’m Free
The Real Me
The Kids Are Alright
Behind Blue Eyes
I Can’t Explain
A Quick One

That’s 30 :) I missed some pretty obvious ones. But I agree it’s clearly easier for the Stones. It’s child’s play for the Beatles.

Still enjoy The Who more :)
Are we limiti this game to the 'hits' or just brilliant songs, The Who notoriously poor in the charts, notoriously brilliant at the concept album and live output?

Unbelievable contribution to this world...............

Are we limiti this game to the 'hits' or just brilliant songs, The Who notoriously poor in the charts, notoriously brilliant at the concept album and live output?

Unbelievable contribution to this world...............
Well, I was trying to do songs most music fans would recognize. So I left “My Wife” off, e.g., and “I’m One” among many others. But all the songs I put on there were ones I recall hearing on album-oriented radio as a teenager, same as most of what @Saddleworth2 did I think with the Stones.

It’s weird really with the who they never register with me I like a few of their songs but they pass me by, I think outside genuine who fans they get forgotten in general. Don’t know why.

Keith Moons biography was great though.
That's fair, we aren't all going to like and agree on all these things - but some of their creations are brilliant!!!!!!

Try bringing yourself to skip a track on Quadraphenia.............

I would f got about the same before cheating. I really like Tommy and Quadraphenia and on top they have a number of really good songs particularly;
Behind Blue Eyes
I can see for Miles
Baba O’Riley
Won‘t get fooled again

after that sorry I struggle.
I saw them twice, once when i was very young and they were good, once a few years ago when they are really milking it. I thought they were poor.
Townsend is a good guitarist and Keith Moon was an unbelievable rock drummer.
A long while ago I expressed my sense that at my all boys high school, everyone (of the white boys) had a favo(u)rite — you were a Stones guy or a Who guy or a Zeppelin guy. Everyone was also basically a Beatles fan and a Pink Floyd fan, and everyone’s favo(u)rite “hard rock” band was AC/DC, and “new wave” band was U2. It was LZ, The Stones or The Who that differentiated your sub-culture. And no one argued — everyone liked them all but had a preference; no one said “Zep is awesome but the Stones suck.”

That’s why I like revisiting this topic so much. I was always part of The Who crew, but my best friend was a Stones guy.

Well, I was trying to do songs most music fans would recognize. So I left “My Wife” off, e.g., and “I’m One” among many others. But all the songs I put on there were ones I recall hearing on album-oriented radio as a teenager, same as most of what @Saddleworth2 did I think with the Stones.
To be fair mate, I've literally just ran off to Alexa for Slip Kid - it must have been about 4-6 weeks, seeing it suggested in writing by someone was just too much........... :-)

A long while ago I expressed my sense that at my all boys high school, everyone (of the white boys) had a favo(u)rite — you were a Stones guy or a Who guy or a Zeppelin guy. Everyone was also basically a Beatles fan and a Pink Floyd fan, and everyone’s favo(u)rite “hard rock” band was AC/DC, and “new wave” band was U2. It was LZ, The Stones or The Who that differentiated your sub-culture. And no one argued — everyone had a preference; no one said “Zep is awesome but the Stones suck.”

That’s why I like revisiting this topic. I was always part of The Who crew, but my best friend was a Stones guy.
The beauty is, they are both terrific answers.................(and obviously the sheep who suggested the Beatles should have been put down) ;-)

A long while ago I expressed my sense that at my all boys high school, everyone (of the white boys) had a favo(u)rite — you were a Stones guy or a Who guy or a Zeppelin guy. Everyone was also basically a Beatles fan and a Pink Floyd fan, and everyone’s favo(u)rite “hard rock” band was AC/DC, and “new wave” band was U2. It was LZ, The Stones or The Who that differentiated your sub-culture. And no one argued — everyone liked them all but had a preference; no one said “Zep is awesome but the Stones suck.”

That’s why I like revisiting this topic so much. I was always part of The Who crew, but my best friend was a Stones guy.
I will spare you my school stories and the associated music warfare. Netflix have signed us up for three series. Suffice to say, who you liked dictated what teenage strata you belonged to which dictated your social life and ultimately your life choices ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.