roll on the summer...

blueinsa said:
de niro said:
blueinsa said:
Domestic cup competitions have seen countless instances of top premier league sides going out to lower division teams because they are not priority.

Disappointing to lose any time but given we have recently won the FA cup with Bob and Carling Cup with Pellegrini, its a step too far to proclaim we have any one at the club saying lets fuck this off as you put it.

well something has changed in our attitude. what happened to 5 trophies in 5 years? does someone think it will be 2 CL and 2 titles and a league cup? thought it was all about raising our profile. winning raises profiles, wembley raises profiles. rotating and going out early damages that profile far easier than raising it. not to mention we all pay our money and turn up at the ground to see that shite. big changes are needed next year. we city fans dont give a fuck, we have proved that over decades but now that we are here, with a squad to die for, it would be criminal to let it all slip away, even standing still now is failure.

Its an attitude that has affected all of the Premier league, its clubs, its managers and its players over the last few years, especially those going for the tile and in the CL.

I don't condone it and i don't like it but I understand its there and it isn't going anywhere any time soon due to the pressure to do well in the so called prestige competitions. Chelsea being the perfect example of it against Bradford as their minds were elsewhere.

That said we will win our fair share over the coming seasons as well you know ;-)

well i hope so cos i have just had to cancel my booking at the holiday inn on wembley way.

de niro said:
blueinsa said:
flb said:
Let it go mate, we won't be winning it this season

Maybe not but we will finish 2nd and i will settle for that and a fantastic summer window.

2nd is best we can hope for and has been for some time, the summer window bit though is spot on and what i have been trying to say. i am excited for the signings we can now make with the curtailment of FFP somewhat.

so as the op says, roll on summer.

but you're rolling onto summer waving the white flag, there is still so much to play for

if we do that next sunday it will be unforgivable from one and all

tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
blueinsa said:
Maybe not but we will finish 2nd and i will settle for that and a fantastic summer window.

2nd is best we can hope for and has been for some time, the summer window bit though is spot on and what i have been trying to say. i am excited for the signings we can now make with the curtailment of FFP somewhat.

but you're rolling onto summer waving the white flag, there is still so much to play for

if burnley can beat us the rags will. unless paddy picks the team.

Think this close season could be the one of the most important in our history.We are at a bit of a crossroads in terms
of where we are and where our owners want us to be.
The steady progress we've made since the sheik took over has definitely stalled this season.We had the stumble after bobbys title win but the owners had plans in place to alter the running of the team.
I think (hope) a dramatic move in the transfer market may happen as it's not only the stuttering form they'll be looking
at but with the stadium expansion the club needs to be seen to be growing to attract new fans as I would suspect the
second extra tier will be started as soon as.
I don't think the below world class signings made in the last few seasons will do this time around,problem is who to get
as messi is not goin anywhere and ronaldo probably wouldn't entertain the thought of coming to us.
So what's left,think a move for Bale would send out a message and perhaps Pogba using Dzeko as a makeweight as
they seem keen on him could improve us.
Will Pellers be here is anyone's guess,don't think he can be held responsible for the average signings but the tempo we play at is all wrong and he has to take the blame for that.So here's hoping for something dramatic as like I said at the start were at a bit of a crossroads.

Gray said:
de niro said:
15 mins? some games I have been bored to death after the first ten minutes. you can kid yourself if you like, bang the drum of how good we are to the other delusional fucks but me i'll say it as it is. football is an entertainment, a very expensive one at that. I have written this season off and hope for better things next year. to the other prats who think I'm a rag saying all this tell me if you have been entertained. assuming you were at the games I was or spent the money I have. if not stfu.
De Niro you are spot on mate it has been a very insipid season all round, and we could well be in 4th place and 4 points behind our near neighbours before our next home match.

That would make for an interested atmosphere against the Hammers.
Roll on Sunday, I am looking forward to it.

tonea2003 said:
de niro said:
blueinsa said:

Seems like the players did exactly that.

Can you imagine the announcement at the Southampton game that the players will be out to do a lap of honour.....A few raised eyebrows when that happens and plenty of empty seats.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Can you imagine the announcement at the Southampton game that the players will be out to do a lap of honour.....A few raised eyebrows when that happens and plenty of empty seats.
That would be an insult to the fans, lap of dishonour more like it!

Gray said:

Bloody hell -I remember clapping us around Maine Road season after season when we were crap with tears in my eyes! Finishing 4th wont be the end of the world.

worsleyweb said:
Gray said:

Bloody hell -I remember clapping us around Maine Road season after season when we were crap with tears in my eyes! Finishing 4th wont be the end of the world.

If we finish 4th. The stadium was empty in 2012 for the last one although it was after the cup final loss and a shitty last game of season defeat against Norwich.

Players tend to get appreciated for their efforts nowadays and there has been little in the last few months.

worsleyweb said:
Gray said:

Yes so do I, that was when the players were crap but gave 100% of effort - you can associate with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.