roll on the summer...

blueinsa said:
karen7 said:
blueinsa said:
Because its the truth. Your choice if you ever admit to that or not, im not arsed.

As for enough time has passed to make a judgement on them, we won the league and cup double last season and reached the last 16 of the CL twice despite taking as our chairman put it, a "pinch" due to the jealous twats in world football.

So you can read my mind now?
It's you two who don't ever let it go

Last season was last season,we were level with chelsea at xmas and 9 points ahead of 3rd,we have been rank since and anyone is allowed to comment on that if they wish

Comment away because as eggs are eggs, I will too.

Chelsea have lost twice out of 30 games yet we have somehow handed them the league according to some on here? ridiculous.

As for the rest, it isn't over yet and lets see how the season finishes before grabbing the razor blades.

Let it go mate, we won't be winning it this season

flb said:
blueinsa said:
karen7 said:
So you can read my mind now?
It's you two who don't ever let it go

Last season was last season,we were level with chelsea at xmas and 9 points ahead of 3rd,we have been rank since and anyone is allowed to comment on that if they wish

Chelsea have lost twice out of 30 games yet we have somehow handed them the league according to some on here? ridiculous.

As for the rest, it isn't over yet and lets see how the season finishes before grabbing the razor blades.

Maybe not but we will finish 2nd and i will settle for that and a fantastic summer window.

The most important thing in the summer is not to panic buy if we miss out on our main summer targets! I'd hate for us to be signing the likes of jack rodwell and scott sinclair again its grade a or stick!

Txiki shouldnt be allowed to have this summer, he has been largely disappointing in his role this far, akin to players like Sinclair who everyone wants shot of

blueinsa said:
flb said:
blueinsa said:

Maybe not but we will finish 2nd and i will settle for that and a fantastic summer window.

2nd is best we can hope for and has been for some time, the summer window bit though is spot on and what i have been trying to say. i am excited for the signings we can now make with the curtailment of FFP somewhat.

so as the op says, roll on summer.

uwe rosler 28 said:
The most important thing in the summer is not to panic buy if we miss out on our main summer targets! I'd hate for us to be signing the likes of jack rodwell and scott sinclair again its grade a or stick!

The most important part for me would be to actually go and get our main summer targets and throw in Lopes and denayer from the youth squad. I honestly don't think that we can allow ourselves to settle for second best come the summer. I can take us next season not winning the league but having a strong go at it along with a run in Europe because the team is going to need time to settle after the changes

flb said:
ballbag said:
flb said:
We can't keep pulling the rabbit out of the hat to win the league, sooner or later it ends.
Exactly my point.

Some will argue fella we won last season because Liverpool fucked it, did they put the rabbit in the hat for us?
They probably will, mate. Those people are probably scouse or work for most of the red tops though. But I'm usually of the opinion that whoever amasses the most points (and GD as it was in 2012) over the course of the season deserves to lift the trophy for the title. We haven't done well enough to deserve it this time round (just as we weren't in 2013) and so its more than likely we won't be lifting it in May. But for some to spit the dummy out because we haven't beaten Burnley, Stoke and West Ham smacks of arrogance and makes me cringe. Its exactly what I used to take the piss out of the rags for.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

The most important part for me would be to actually go and get our main summer targets and throw in Lopes and denayer from the youth squad. I honestly don't think that we can allow ourselves to settle for second best come the summer. I can take us next season not winning the league but having a strong go at it along with a run in Europe because the team is going to need time to settle after the changes

I'd be happy with a world class central midfielder and world class wide player and the 2 youth players as you said and let go dzeko, yaya, nasri would it be to much to ask for pogba and de byunne!

uwe rosler 28 said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

I'd be happy with a world class central midfielder and world class wide player and the 2 youth players as you said and let go dzeko, yaya, nasri would it be to much to ask for pogba and de byunne!

Unless reus is available I'd keep nasri.

It's almost as if the excitement of signing players is an acceptable substitute for our club playing well.

Fuck that. fuck that indeed.

I'd honestly rather sell half the team and make do with kids - as long as we played courageously next year.

Whatever money a club does or doesn't spend, they've got to prove they're up to that level, individually and collectively.

Being a cheap squad that overachieves by staying in the league, is more glorious than being the most expensive and bumbling along into 3rd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.