roll on the summer...

de niro said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
BobKowalski said:
What is this pressing style that you speak of? You talk in tongues.

We have used it once or twice. Not often but now and again....

the players seem to have played all season tied to a post. no movement. nothing.

It's not been great that's for sure. I just hope they have the personal pride to finish the season with a bang. I'm not convinced though from what I have seen recently.

God help us if we finish 4th. Now that has typical city written all over it.

de niro said:
halfgoathalfotter said:
de niro said:
as i was saying.......

as a neutral observer it is de niro coming across as a c**t

not so. the guy calls a fellow blue a rag and a twat. all because there is a difference of opinion. i know what i am and neither you or that c**t will change me.

the thing is our fan base has grown, it now attracts all sorts.

You've come across as a bit of a **** DeNiro
Firstly a day after the season card prices are announced and so many have said they can't afford the price increases, practically the first line in a topic on the Football forum, not off topic, is bragging how you're going to fuck off to the Alps. If you do go I hope you have a great time, but it's IMO inappropriate
Secondly, you're bullying and from a moderator that's unacceptable, but there are double standards on here and it makes the forum all the worse for it

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just read the view of someone I know and whose views I respect on another forum and he reckons that the high of 2012, particularly the twists and turns of that incredible last day, spoilt it for us to the extent that a season which could easily see us come second, having played in the last 16 of the CL, is classed as a boring failure.

I disagree. It isn't coming second, being shite in Europe again, or going out of the cups early that is pissing people off. It's the stubbornness of the manager and his complete lack of tactical awareness and the lacklustre effort from some players.
City fans can't win. If we moan about shit tactics, lazy players and a poor transfer strategy, we get labelled as 'spoilt'.
If we say we are happy just to be competing and in the top 4, we get labelled as "ickle city fans" who haven't moved on from the Swales/Lee era.
We can't win.
Personally I see this seasons failure as a culmination of a few things. A manager who is too set in his ways to change and make the most of the talent he has on tap. Players who are no longer hungry, players whose heads are elsewhere, and players that are being asked to do too much and are in dire need of a rest.
Whatever the problem is, it isn't the fans.

stony said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just read the view of someone I know and whose views I respect on another forum and he reckons that the high of 2012, particularly the twists and turns of that incredible last day, spoilt it for us to the extent that a season which could easily see us come second, having played in the last 16 of the CL, is classed as a boring failure.

I disagree. It isn't coming second, being shite in Europe again, or going out of the cups early that is pissing people off. It's the stubbornness of the manager and his complete lack of tactical awareness and the lacklustre effort from some players.
City fans can't win. If we moan about shit tactics, lazy players and a poor transfer strategy, we get labelled as 'spoilt'.
If we say we are happy just to be competing and in the top 4, we get labelled as "ickle city fans" who haven't moved on from the Swales/Lee era.
We can't win.
Personally I see this seasons failure as a culmination of a few things. A manager who is too set in his ways to change and make the most of the talent he has on tap. Players who are no longer hungry, players whose heads are elsewhere, and players that are being asked to do too much and are in dire need of a rest.
Bang on.

stony said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

We can't win.
Fucking bang on the money with that post stony.

stony said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

We can't win.
It's not the fans. We're right to be disappointed but I don't think tactics have anything to do with it. The bad defeats have been against teams we should have beaten in our sleep, and I think it's all down to City players thinking that way.

We should have walked the League because our squad is the best it has ever been. It's all opinion and impossible to prove but I think we just put or feet up last Summer and didn't prepare properly from that moment on. We've got players like Yaya who can't physically perform to the level he was at a year ago and that's not age

I understand what de Niro is saying. I too am disappointed in how the season has turned out. Another opportunity missed I feel. In my opinion we have under achieved but the reasons why are many and varied.
I'm sure we all feel disappointed don't we? We all say things we don't really mean in the heat of the moment too don't we?
Personally I don't want the season to end, I never do. Three months without City is a chore. I still believe we can finish the season well. I'd go to Palace if it had been a 3pm kick off. Am in work on Tuesday and have to be up at 5am. I'd go to O.T. too If I could have got a ticket.
I don't like people resorting to name calling just because they disagree with someone's opinion. It's totally uncalled for.
See you all at Spurs

stony said:

You're in denial mate. It is most certainly the fans, and to be honest your post kinda makes the point. "Shit tactics" and "lazy players" ? Well those shit tactics and lazy players have kept everyone else at bay barring Chelsea for most of the season. So that's no excuse for the misery which abounds around the internet when it comes to City.

Fuck the scousers and rags are more optimistic about their future than some Blues are. Pretty tragic stuff if you ask me.

Still maybe next season we'll stay top all season long and score a record number of goals (again) and everyone will go back to trophy clapping the fuck out of City.

Mister Appointment said:
stony said:

You're in denial mate. It is most certainly the fans, and to be honest your post kinda makes the point. "Shit tactics" and "lazy players" ? Well those shit tactics and lazy players have kept everyone else at bay barring Chelsea for most of the season. So that's no excuse for the misery which abounds around the internet when it comes to City.

Fuck the scousers and rags are more optimistic about their future than some Blues are. Pretty tragic stuff if you ask me.

Still maybe next season we'll stay top all season long and score a record number of goals (again) and everyone will go back to trophy clapping the fuck out of City.
It is pretty annoying stuff because their teams are playing with belief whereas we're drifting and have been from the day the first ball was kicked.

It's total down to attitude and fans ambivalence stems from seeing players coast. There are individual exceptions but or most pat we have massively underperformed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.