Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Gervinho at Roma is a complete different player to what you saw at Arsenal.

Him and Maicon tore Clichy and Demichelis apart at our place in September.

I would consider Magala for his pace alone.

We should remember that this Roma side lost 7-1 against bayern at home and then 2-0 in munich. They make plenty of defensive errors, we need to make sure we keep up our current form and block gervinho from getting his passes out. I also think Mangala would help here, though I think subbing him on later would be another good option.

aguero93:20 said:
sam-caddick said:
Going off this graph, even if CSKA draw, as long as we win we go through.

[bigimg]http://i1.eurosport.com/2014/12/10/1368774.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't suppose you got that off Glory Glory by any chance?

Hold on a minute
If munich and moscow draw and we score draw in Rome, why do we not go through?
All three teams will have 6 points. Moscow have better head to head with us, we have a better one with Roma and Roma have a better one over Moscow.
Does it not go onto goal diff in that scenario????

It's tough to know how Pellegrini or indeed Roma will approach the game. CSKA too have a tough job in how they set up. Because there are so many different possibilities it would be foolish for any side to play for the draw and hope the result goes their way. Bayern will do the job on CSKA, they are a far better team and they will pick them off with ease. I would imagine we will know by half time where the points are going there and that CSKA are out of the running.

Our job is to win the game. We will go out there and try and do that. A nice early goal would be perfect and then play on the counter. Roma at 1-0 down will also probably play as if CSKA are going to lose and will then have to score twice without conceding. It puts us in a very strong position in that we can just look to pick them off on the counter and every goal we score makes it harder for them.

Of course I could find myself completely mistaken, CSKA may hold out or even go 1-0 up but either way we have to get that first goal - it will bring the whole game into our control and we are very good at picking off teams that commit to many people forward.

wattle said:
sam-caddick said:

Hold on a minute
All three teams will have 6 points. Moscow have better head to head with us, we have a better one with Roma and Roma have a better one over Moscow.

Moscow have a better head to head over us. They got a draw and win against City

shemnel said:
Bayern nick a win in injury time while City hang on like trojans with 9 men for a 1-1 draw. City go through!

i dont give a stuff how we go through, a handsome win in Rome would be very nice, but it's purely about getting through tonight!

Whatever happens tonight to progress we have to score. A 1-1 draw "might" be enough, whereas a 0-0 draw and we are out. I hope a nice relaxed professional performance with a scoreline of 0-2 or 1-3 would be great. Come on City!!!

Manx Blue said:
wattle said:

Hold on a minute

Nope, Roma have the best GD in that scenario as their 1-7 thrashing by Bayern won't count, as it's a 3 way mini league between the 3 clubs.

shemnel said:
Bayern nick a win in injury time while City hang on like trojans with 9 men for a 1-1 draw. City go through!

i dont give a stuff how we go through, a handsome win in Rome would be very nice, but it's purely about getting through tonight!

Exactly the same as against Bayern, the manner of the victory is irrelevant, everyone will have forgotten by the time the next CL game rolls around. The important thing is just to make sure we're playing that next CL game, and not Europe league or worse, nothing at all.

wattle said:
sam-caddick said:

Hold on a minute
it comes down to the results between all 3 teams and Roma twatted CSKA so they go through on goal diffrence based on games played between the 3 teams.

Manx Blue said:
wattle said:

Hold on a minute

Yeh I know that but Roma have a better head to head with Moscow and we'd have a better head to head with Roma. So who goes through? Moscow cant go through instead of Roma coz Roma beat them 5-1 and drew 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.