Roma vs Manchester City Pre-Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSKAFan said:
CSKA fan here. I don't know if we will win today, it is hard to say but I can say for sure, we dominated Munich at Russia and we should've won if it wasn't for our bad finishing. They only won because of a bad referee call. Let's not forget, Bayern Munich are always worse at home. Come on CITY, please beat Roma today.

If you beat Bayern and go through, then good luck.

aguero93:20 said:
adrianr said:
shemnel said:
Bayern nick a win in injury time while City hang on like trojans with 9 men for a 1-1 draw. City go through!

i dont give a stuff how we go through, a handsome win in Rome would be very nice, but it's purely about getting through tonight!

Exactly the same as against Bayern, the manner of the victory is irrelevant, everyone will have forgotten by the time the next CL game rolls around. The important thing is just to make sure we're playing that next CL game, and not out of Europe or worse, Europa League.

Fixed that post for you Adrian, just a little mistake.

I'd actually forgotten before posting that there will be changes to the coefficient points system, but still, if we're going out of the CL I think we should have a genuine shot at the Europa. Hasn't done Atletico or Chelsea any harm.

CSKAFan said:
CSKA fan here. I don't know if we will win today, it is hard to say but I can say for sure, we dominated Munich at Russia and we should've won if it wasn't for our bad finishing. They only won because of a bad referee call. Let's not forget, Bayern Munich are always worse at home. Come on CITY, please beat Roma today.

Fuck me and I thought the rags/dippers had goggles on.

Agree with you about the bad penalty call though, nearly as bad as the two penalty calls when we played your lot in Russia.

Hope those scummy red bastards hammer your scummy red bastards tonight.

x x

adrianr said:
adrianr said:
Exactly the same as against Bayern, the manner of the victory is irrelevant, everyone will have forgotten by the time the next CL game rolls around. The important thing is just to make sure we're playing that next CL game, and not out of Europe or worse, Europa League.

I'd actually forgotten before posting that there will be changes to the coefficient points system, but still, if we're going out of the CL I think we should have a genuine shot at the Europa. Hasn't done Atletico or Chelsea any harm.

Neither team were remotely involved in a title race when they won the Europa League. Imo if we are to go out I'd rather go out completely and go full steam for the PL title.

Bluep*ss said:
wattle said:
super_city_si said:
it comes down to the results between all 3 teams and Roma twatted CSKA so they go through on goal diffrence based on games played between the 3 teams.

Oh right so our win v Munich would count for nothing in that scenario
Which bell end wrote these rules. What ever happened to goal difference??

As I see it - If CSKA lose in Munich - the second place is between Roma and City. If it is a 0-0 - Roma go through based on their away goal at the Etihad.
If it ends 1-1 - then the head to head is equal so goal difference comes into it. City have a better goal difference than Roma - City through.
If I am wrong somebody will tell me.

We have to score

We have to get more points in our game than CSKA get against Bayern.

That's it

adrianr said:

Neither team were remotely involved in a title race when they won the Europa League. Imo if we are to go out I'd rather go out completely and go full steam for the PL title.

Neither team were as good as we are, and since Atletico have built on those Europa foundations to get to a CL final. Our players need to start getting a bit more belief in Europe. If they can't do it in the CL (again), then maybe having a good go at the Europa will help.

MeatHunterrr said:
supercity88 said:
If we were to qualify - Porto, Dortmund, Monaco, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and either PSG or Barca would await... it would be a great chance to get to the next round if we can avoid Real and Barca. I would fancy our chances against any of the other sides on that list. Just need a bit of lady luck, firstly tonight and then with the draw!
Platini won't allow us to get "easy" draw, if we qualify.

Real Madrid or Barcelona await if we do go through, the balls are being warmed up even as we speak.

adrianr said:
adrianr said:

Neither team were as good as we are, and since Atletico have built on those Europa foundations to get to a CL final. Our players need to start getting a bit more belief in Europe. If they can't do it in the CL (again), then maybe having a good go at the Europa will help.

Maybe you're right but I think the players we have are far too good to be involved with the Europa League in any capacity. Anyway, it's not worth thinking about unless it's 21:30 tonight and we've somehow contrived to finish 3rd, which would need CSKA to get a result in Munich.

adrianr said:
adrianr said:

If the Bayern result doesn't give belief to the current group of players, then its pointless trying anymore with these players. Changes in the summer and try again.

All excuses are used already, 4 CL campaigns 3 of them failures if we don't qualify today.

_79639729_man_city_roma_reuters.jpg

Hopefully it's our lads putting in a few of these tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.