Romeo Lavia

Sure - but the suggestion was that it would be impossible to get anywhere near Rodri's "metrics" as they were often two to three times as high.

I agree, it's partly to do with the individuals being better, but it's mainly about the whole team. Rodri's stats would fall through the floor in that Southampton team.

In that graphic, take Progressive Carries for example, Rodri is in the 81st percentile, Lavia in the 28th. Rodri made 3 times as many progressive carries per 90 mins as Lavia last season.

Do you know which player had even less Progressive Carries per 90 minutes than Lavia at Southampton?

Rodri at Atletico Madrid, the year before he came to City.

As I said in my first reply, I don't think Lavia is so good we need to take him back. I'm just saying that the stat comparison is almost pointless, because he's playing a different role, for a much poorer team.
Rodri at AM makes the point, much younger at the time and therefore raw as well. I like Lavia but he's not ready to play a serious role at the best team in the world right now. If he winds up at Liverpool he won't be responsible for firing the offense like he'd be required to playing as a 6 for us. Klopp will ask him to sit in front of the back 4 and provide cover for the 8s, basically a disrupter...JMO

Nobody wanted him yesterday.

Iolo I have no idea what you're trying to say. And you actually found someone high enough to post a like. LMFAO...

While not disagreeing with you Kovacic has played a total of SEVEN minutes over 4 champions league finals. That was coming on as a sub for Chelsea against us.
Scott Carson is our most decorated Champions league winner.
I'm not sure how Lavia compare to Philipps or Kovacic but trotting out medal triumphs isn't a proper comparison.
Are you really comparing Lavia to Kovacic?

While not disagreeing with you Kovacic has played a total of SEVEN minutes over 4 champions league finals. That was coming on as a sub for Chelsea against us.
Scott Carson is our most decorated Champions league winner.
I'm not sure how Lavia compare to Philipps or Kovacic but trotting out medal triumphs isn't a proper comparison.
Kovacic didn't play any part in the rest of those 4 UCL campaigns? Sat on the bench for all 48 other matches? You'd think it was the Community Shield the way you are talking

This is going to be our Chelsea letting KDB go moment.

Annoying, really wish it wasn’t happening, but it’s also inevitable when you buy up a bunch of talented kids and need loans and buybacks to find out if they’re good enough.

Hardly. In fact, nowhere near.

Lavia was an academy youth player that never got near the first team, sold for a decent amount for his first season in the PL. With a good sell-on and buy back. There was no predicting bis performances if playing regularly, and he wasn't going to get that with us anyway.

Kevin was bought in as a player who had already played at league level, ok in a lower rated league. 7m in 2012 wasn't that small an amount for a player. He was loaned out first, and unsettled on return in the forst team so his being let go is quite different to Lavia's.

Within a season away he became so highly rated, Lavia had a decent season, but most of the praise is down to the fact he was previously in our academy and we 'could jave had him instead of Phillips'.

Didn’t we buy Roméo Lavia from Anderlecht in 2020? So really he hasn’t got that total affiliation to our club and going to Liverpool won’t bother the kid one bit..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.