Ronaldo is coming

Jumanji said:
warhawkmoski said:
My only worry with him if he joins is the delay we will see in matches if both he and Mario are on the pitch when it comes to free kicks and penalties. Can you imagine how long it would take the two of them to sort out who will take them?
Like this incident with Eto'o?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5VKL1w9aE[/youtube]

HAHA, exactly like that. It would cause some serious mind games with the opposing keeper though.

warhawkmoski said:
Jumanji said:
warhawkmoski said:
My only worry with him if he joins is the delay we will see in matches if both he and Mario are on the pitch when it comes to free kicks and penalties. Can you imagine how long it would take the two of them to sort out who will take them?
Like this incident with Eto'o?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr5VKL1w9aE[/youtube]

HAHA, exactly like that. It would cause some serious mind games with the opposing keeper though.

Hope he missed !!

This sounds like the Bellamy thread a few seasons ago. All these haters and as hes scoring the goals and all the assist's watch everyone cahnge there minds. Admit it, its a warming thought that we may get CR and I for one would welcome him with open arms. Anyone who will turn down Ronaldo needs to go and give their head a wobble.

Robbo. said:
This sounds like the Bellamy thread a few seasons ago. All these haters and as hes scoring the goals and all the assist's watch everyone cahnge there minds. Admit it, its a warming thought that we may get CR and I for one would welcome him with open arms. Anyone who will turn down Ronaldo needs to go and give their head a wobble.

Only City fans eh?

Offered the second best player in the world and not want him, i'm baffled.

People need to look at the bigger picture on this and think of the revenue, who's the face of Nike?..................

But the stadium is sold out every week.

How would we capitalise?

Players get a percentage of image rights. Shirt sales? I'd like to know how the club benefits through shirt sales.

It's easy to say we'd cover the fee through merchandising. I'm sure Ronaldo would generate tens of Millions of revenue, but for whom?

Be interested if anyone knows how revenue from shirt sales for example works its way through to the club

Marvin said:

How would we capitalise?

Players get a percentage of image rights. Shirt sales? I'd like to know how the club benefits through shirt sales.

It's easy to say we'd cover the fee through merchandising. I'm sure Ronaldo would generate tens of Millions of revenue, but for whom?

Be interested if anyone knows how revenue from shirt sales for example works its way through to the club

I thought Real Madrid released a while back that they had already made back the transfer fee for Christiano in shirt sales alone? So I would assume the club gets some amount of revenue from shirt sales, probably a decent percentage too.

warhawkmoski said:
Marvin said:

How would we capitalise?

I thought Real Madrid released a while back that they had already made back the transfer fee for Christiano in shirt sales alone? So I would assume the club gets some amount of revenue from shirt sales, probably a decent percentage too.

Your right, the same happened with Beckham, it's instant Worldwide recognition.

Yeah I heard they made the money back they paid for him in like a year and a half.

On topic though, this won't happen. If we where talking about Ibrahmovic or some other greedy prick then I'd say yeah,
But Ronaldo doesn't strike me like that, never did....

Aswell as the fact that I think enjoys working with Mourinho and still has a soft spot for the rags in his heart I don't see it happening.
Saying that, I hope it does. He maybe abit of a ponsy ex-rag wanker but he scores goals and would be the best in the world by a long shot if Messi wasn't around.

Danamy said:
Robbo. said:

Only City fans eh?

Offered the second best player in the world and not want him, i'm baffled.

People need to look at the bigger picture on this and think of the revenue, who's the face of Nike?..................

Sums up my thoughts right there.

I don't understand people saying things like "He's an ex rag" what difference does that make? Shouldn't that make it even better signing him since he was intelligent enough to leave that shit club?

If he's scoring 30-40goals a season in a city shirt I honestly couldn't care less what other clubs he's played for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.