Ronaldo?

80s Shorts said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
matt99is said:
most of you have no morals, you might as well support the rags

Exactly - you can't be verbally abusing a player (justifiably) one minute then say; 'actually,he's ok' in the next.................where's your 'PRIDE IN BATTLE' ????

He is morally bankrupt, and I for one do not want him besmerching the good name of our club in our shirt. Im horrified that some City fans have such short memories and are being very two faced about this.

Dont be so fkin ridiculous. "Morally bankrupt", what a croc of shit.

Gadafi, Husein, hitler. now there is morally bankrupt.

that made me laugh, 80s shorts,,but very true mucker

ANY1aBLUE said:
matt99is said:
most of you have no morals, you might as well support the rags

Exactly - you can't be verbally abusing a player (justifiably) one minute then say; 'actually,he's ok' in the next.................where's your 'PRIDE IN BATTLE' ????

He is morally bankrupt, and I for one do not want him besmerching the good name of our club in our shirt. Im horrified that some City fans have such short memories and are being very two faced about this.

Can you please tell me how this has affected Real Madrid in any negative way?

Golden Balls said:
He is the best player in the world in my books.
For 400K a week, what's that, Shiekh's hourly income?

I would take CR7 anyday...wouldn't that shove it up the rags big time..
Still a top player, but not quite at the same level since he left Utd. Ineffective against the best teams.

Seems to me that some agents claiming to act on City's behalf are trying to set up deals which they can bring to City. But there's no chance City will take these up as the fee will kill any chance of Champions League football, and end with UEFA sanctions.

Golden Balls said:
He is the best player in the world in my books.
For 400K a week, what's that, Shiekh's hourly income?

I would take CR7 anyday...wouldn't that shove it up the rags big time..
have some respect for yourself<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:17 pm --<br /><br />
Murph said:
80s Shorts said:
Gadafi, Husein, hitler. now there is morally bankrupt.

Saddam could play in the hole. Hitler on the extreme right wing, not sure where Gaddafi would fit in though.
I thought he was on about Nasser

mcfcliam said:
There's people who wouldn't have Ronaldo?

Okay then, let's sign Wayne Clarke, Adrian Heath or Kiki Musampa!

Or maybe even Gareth Taylor!

Jeeeeeeez.

But it's not just about how good he is is it? Obviously if it was we would all want him hands down.

But there are other factors, there is his United connections and the fact quite a large proportion of City fans hate/hated him with a passion because of that, and therefore it may not be morally right to see someone like him wear the City shirt.
Not just that, but there's the money as well, and how that would effect us in regards to meeting the regulations. Having a world class player is one thing, but if we can't go in the CL to play him, it does reduce his impact somewhat, as well as the progress of the club.

I suppose though, if he came to City and did great people would gradually come to accept him, but the money factors sadly, in my opinion, override the other things and mean signing him would not be for the best.

And, for the record, I think it's a bit harsh putting Musampa in the same category as the rest ;) He nearly got us into Europe.

Motty said:
mcfcliam said:

Jeeeeeeez.

But it's not just about how good he is is it? Obviously if it was we would all want him hands down.

But there are other factors, there is his United connections and the fact quite a large proportion of City fans hate/hated him with a passion because of that, and therefore it may not be morally right to see someone like him wear the City shirt.
Not just that, but there's the money as well, and how that would effect us in regards to meeting the regulations. Having a world class player is one thing, but if we can't go in the CL to play him, it does reduce his impact somewhat, as well as the progress of the club.

I suppose though, if he came to City and did great people would gradually come to accept him, but the money factors sadly, in my opinion, override the other things and mean signing him would not be for the best.

And, for the record, I think it's a bit harsh putting Musampa in the same category as the rest ;) He nearly got us into Europe.
His United connections are history, they mean zilch, zero, nothing. If we were signing him FROM United then yeah, fair enough, but we wouldn't be, we would be signing him from Real Madrid - there is nothing there to do with United. Ronaldo = 35+ goals a season. 35+ goals a season = the league title, perhaps more too. Anyone who doesn't want Ronaldo because of his United history is putting that before what is best for the club, because it doesn't take a genius to work out that those 35 goals a season will bring silverware in abundance. Fuck his history, it is exactly that, history.

Pigeonho said:
Motty said:
mcfcliam said:

Jeeeeeeez.

His United connections are history, they mean zilch, zero, nothing. If we were signing him FROM United then yeah, fair enough, but we wouldn't be, we would be signing him from Real Madrid - there is nothing there to do with United. Ronaldo = 35+ goals a season. 35+ goals a season = the league title, perhaps more too. Anyone who doesn't want Ronaldo because of his United history is putting that before what is best for the club, because it doesn't take a genius to work out that those 35 goals a season will bring silverware in abundance. Fuck his history, it is exactly that, history.

But is paying £110m for someone and 400k a week really best for the club anyway? I don't really think it is. Even if you remove his United connections from the equation.
And it's not as if he's the only person who we could sign who could guide us to silverware.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.