Ronaldo?

Motty said:
Pigeonho said:
Motty said:
But it's not just about how good he is is it? Obviously if it was we would all want him hands down.

But there are other factors, there is his United connections and the fact quite a large proportion of City fans hate/hated him with a passion because of that, and therefore it may not be morally right to see someone like him wear the City shirt.
Not just that, but there's the money as well, and how that would effect us in regards to meeting the regulations. Having a world class player is one thing, but if we can't go in the CL to play him, it does reduce his impact somewhat, as well as the progress of the club.

I suppose though, if he came to City and did great people would gradually come to accept him, but the money factors sadly, in my opinion, override the other things and mean signing him would not be for the best.

And, for the record, I think it's a bit harsh putting Musampa in the same category as the rest ;) He nearly got us into Europe.
His United connections are history, they mean zilch, zero, nothing. If we were signing him FROM United then yeah, fair enough, but we wouldn't be, we would be signing him from Real Madrid - there is nothing there to do with United. Ronaldo = 35+ goals a season. 35+ goals a season = the league title, perhaps more too. Anyone who doesn't want Ronaldo because of his United history is putting that before what is best for the club, because it doesn't take a genius to work out that those 35 goals a season will bring silverware in abundance. Fuck his history, it is exactly that, history.

But is paying £110m for someone and 400k a week really best for the club anyway? I don't really think it is. Even if you remove his United connections from the equation.
And it's not as if he's the only person who we could sign who could guide us to silverware.
If that's what the Sheikh wants to do with his money, so be it. The powers that be will work out if we can afford it, and if we can there is then nothing to stop us doing it, if Ronaldo wanted to come that is.
As for the silverware thing, I can't think of a player who we could get who would score us 35+ goals a season with a proven premier league track record to boot. 70 goals in 71 games he was on at one point this season, then he went and broke the Primera Liga most goals in a season record.
Top 4 player in the world.
Signing him from one of the top 3 clubs in the world.
Would more or less guarantee the title with the players already here.
The whole world would drop their jaw at the signing.

There is nothing negative about Ronaldo coming to us.

I could live with him coming and being top earner, however for me him demanding the armband is a dealbreaker.

Craggers said:
Lets face it, as wealthy as we are, with these demands he ain't going to be coming.

Maybe he just might. This is Manchester City Football Club, after all.

CTID

If we signed him we would win Prem League and get to semi final of CL. Whether our owner thinks it a good deal and whether Bert could handle him and his ego in a dressing room which has just started to gel.

IMO, don't like him as a person and wouldn't have him anywhere near our club as a talented professional footballer he is one of the worlds best only second to Messi. If he did sign we would certainly have to display the Welcome to Manchester Poster again :-)

Rammyblues said:
If we signed him we would win Prem League and get to semi final of CL. Whether our owner thinks it a good deal and whether Bert could handle him and his ego in a dressing room which has just started to gel.

IMO, don't like him as a person and wouldn't have him anywhere near our club as a talented professional footballer he is one of the worlds best only second to Messi. If he did sign we would certainly have to display the Welcome to Manchester Poster again :-)
I don't think anyone does, but then again i'm sure if you got to know him he might be anything but the **** he can be on the pitch, as thats all we can go off really, his on the pitch stuff.
For me he can be the biggest **** in the world, but if he's our **** I couldn't care less.

There is a 0.001% chance of him coming to City. He is a very good player and also sells too many Real shirts for them to consider selling him. Only a major fall out with the club or manager would see Real consider selling him.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Cant see happening, particularly at the figures quoted, and not sure what I would make of it if it did.

As others have said, he is proven quality, in our team we could be unstoppable.
But it would certainly going to grate with a lot of supporters.

I can appreciate people having a go at Ronaldo, we will be guaranteed goals with this guy which will be more interesting than the typical 1-0 wins, shirt sales will go up and we will be a step forward on increasing the clubs fan-base. If this transfer goes through its deffo a PR move for the club. Just expect the typical "two faced city fan" rant form the rags like when we signed Tevez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.