Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the City coaches could assess me and judge I wasn't good enough without playing me in the first team. They're pretty talented when it comes to this kind of stuff. He'll have been watched, regularly, whilst at Lille and the assessment on his chances of first team football will have been made.

how would they know that ?? guess work

the most crucial thing for me is game time and getting a chance to play in and around the first team squad, all I'm seeing is the things I've put about every young player we have now. i think he will be good enough, but when you spend millions on ready made players most young players will have no chance. and with pelligrini in charge especially. not one young player has been given any reasonable chance in the whole time he has been here

the most crucial thing for me is game time and getting a chance to play in and around the first team squad, all I'm seeing is the things I've put about every young player we have now. i think he will be good enough, but when you spend millions on ready made players most young players will have no chance. and with pelligrini in charge especially. not one young player has been given any reasonable chance in the whole time he has been here
Why does that bother you so much?

Very disappointed we let him go, we should have at least inserted a buy-back clause. Even if he couldn't get into the team now, he has so much talent and quality for a 19 year old.

Nobody is that good a judge, nowhere near. It's just guesswork.

They have gambled on him not making it.
That's part of the industry though. You have to use whatever scouting and statistical metrics you have to gamble on a player's potential. You win some and you lose some. Luckily, Man City has the financial muscle to make up for it.

EDUCATED guess work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.