Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed but the issue that nobody here is talking about is not so much losing Rekik, Lopes and Denayer which would be an incredible shame but not the end of the world. It's the fact that when the next 12 year old Messi is eventually discovered somewhere and every club is chasing him, his parents will look at our record and not see a club committed to bringing through young players and will see other clubs that offer all we do as well as this.

It isn't so much the problem of losing these players specifically, it's also the rather larger problem of being able to attract potentially world class young players into our Academy in the future.

whats that based on ? we will never know if he was good enough for us unless he got a chance , which he didn't.

So his performances in the EDS are not counted as chances to impress?

A gamble made by people qualified to make such a gamble, with more information to base this gamble on than those of us on the outside looking in.

No they are not qualified to do it at all. There is no such thing. They are employed, & in a position to do it, that's a difference. They have no fucking idea. Hence Pellegrini, saying he has a future at City.

I hope there's a buyback option. I'd love to see him back in 2/3 years, and think he is probably the first player we've sold who we are realistically likely to be interested in in the future?

No they are not qualified to do it at all. There is no such thing. They are employed, & in a position to do it, that's a difference. They have no fucking idea. Hence Pellegrini, saying he has a future at City.

You've clearly got a gripe with what's going on behind the scenes at City, but to claim City's coaching network, scouts etc are not qualified to make decisions on potential player development is just so inaccurate and flawed it's not really worth continuing to debate the issue. I doubt Pellegrini has been involved in the Lopes decision a great deal, and he'll certainly not have been involved in any contract/sale talks, so him suggesting Lopes would be loaned, and Lopes eventually being sold, isn't indicative of those behind the scenes having no clue on how to assess a players chances of making the grade.

because i want to see young players getting a fair chance and in the squad ????? i regularly listen out for youth games and used to attend a quite a few . is there anything wrong with that ?
I too,am an avid follower of our youth set up as many of my posts will evidence.It wasn't a dig at you,it was a genuine question......personally,i want the best players in our squad,if they are from the academy.....wonderful.....if not,it means we are privileged enough to source them from elsewhere.
I wouldn't want to compromise the quality of our squad just to satisfy peoples desire to see a youth player involved.

A gamble made by people qualified to make such a gamble, with more information to base this gamble on than those of us on the outside looking in.

Don't agree at all.

These kind of people in football, fuck up all the time with stuff like this. Rony is more likely to make it than not. I can tell you that right now, without being a football industry person. The main question is whether he would be good enough for City. They haven't got a fucking clue about that, just purely guessing. It only ever becomes apparent when the players are given time.

Geezers who 'know' in advance that kids like that are going to miss it, are full of shit.

He did impress, hence being thought of as a top prospect & straight into Lille's first team at 18. What the else can he do ?

You hace just answered it your self. He is good enough to go staright into Lille's first team. I would like to think not any of their team would make ours.

Rony is good, but obviously not seen to be good enough for City, so we did the right thing and got some return on our investment.

We absolutely do not need a long-term manager who's given the backing and freedom to be a bit more experimental perhaps at the detriment of results. We need a manager that wants to win every single game.

So you're saying by experimenting to bring through new talents the manager wouldn't want to win games? I'm saying naturally by playing youth you have the risk of having a few poorer results, and currently with how precarious the managerial position is why would Pellegrini run that risk when he can just bring on a proven player? Until we have a manager that feels safe in experimenting we simply won't play our youth players unless devastated by injuries, which is a sad situation to be in as far as I'm concerned.

Same situation as Chelsea. If Mourinho really is in it for the long haul you can expect to finally see him try some youth players, if he's going to be sacked this season if he doesn't turn it around then why would he risk playing them if he doesn't need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.