Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been two City managers who were unsure on whether Lopes was the right fit for the first team . The FA cup game against Watford proved he didn't quite have the consistency to challenge. Despite his promising start at Lille, after his injury he didn't get back up to speed.

You've clearly got a gripe with what's going on behind the scenes at City, but to claim City's coaching network, scouts etc are not qualified to make decisions on potential player development is just so inaccurate and flawed it's not really worth continuing to debate the issue. I doubt Pellegrini has been involved in the Lopes decision a great deal, and he'll certainly not have been involved in any contract/sale talks, so him suggesting Lopes would be loaned, and Lopes eventually being sold, isn't indicative of those behind the scenes having no clue on how to assess a players chances of making the grade.

You will almost certainly be completely wrong on this. Vieira is not stupid & would not write off Rony Lopes at this stage. It's a fuckup.

Can't see how there won't be a buyback clause at that price.

I too,am an avid follower of our youth set up as many of my posts will evidence.It wasn't a dig at you,it was a genuine question......personally,i want the best players in our squad,if they are from the academy.....wonderful.....if not,it means we are privileged enough to source them from elsewhere.
I wouldn't want to compromise the quality of our squad just to satisfy peoples desire to see a youth player involved.

fair enough mate, i get the points you made. i used know chris chantlers brother, so kinda got more into it when i met him and the youth final we reached a few years back . what got you hooked on youth games ?

But from the clubs who are City's more or less contemporaries - Chelsea, Bayern, RM, Barca - what youth products are regularly breaking into those clubs? I don't follow the others too closely but I think Barca made some use of some of theirs early last year (Munir, Sandro, Rafinha) but largely because they had injury/biting suspension problems at the time.

I want the young players to do well as much as anyone, but it does not seem as if "oh I'm the 12 year-old Messi's parents and will steer him away from City and to Real Madrid because RM push academy players" scenario is really in play.

These clubs all seem to be in a pressure/feedback loop where the manager at the time is in some jeopardy of being sacked at anything less than a UCL/League double.

You hace just answered it your self. He is good enough to go staright into Lille's first team. I would like to think not any of their team would make ours.

Rony is good, but obviously not seen to be good enough for City, so we did the right thing and got some return on our investment.

So why are we signing DeBruyne then, if none of Wolfsburg's team would make ours ?

It has nothing to do with it at all does it ?

Just seen Pellegrini's gaff in the press conference, absolutely piss poor that.

I've absolutely no idea how anyone can say our youth products are in safe hands with Manuel when he doesn't even know if we'd loaned out or permanently sold one of our biggest prospects.

Embarrassing.

Goes without saying that everything's going swimmingly from the perspective of the senior squad, but this issue with academy graduates getting a shout isn't going away, certainly in the short term at least.

Think Denayer's been handled poorly as well, and is now having to rush through a pretty poor loan move, IMO, to Galatasaray before deadline day.

He'll get some minutes in the group stage of the CL, but what's he going to learn playing in Turkey, really?

This whole topic is a real issue for me, bit of a concern.

There have been two City managers who were unsure on whether Lopes was the right fit for the first team . The FA cup game against Watford proved he didn't quite have the consistency to challenge. Despite his promising start at Lille, after his injury he didn't get back up to speed.

He isn't good enough for our first team.

Neither was gareth Bale or Ronaldo at the same stage, or Pogba. So ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.