Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you basing your argument on what you believe is happening behind doors or what you know is happening?
Who says we have a bunch ready for their introduction? you and those that watch the youth or the professional coaches?
How do you know specifically it is Pellers who is responsible for not introducing youth?

We haven't brought through an Academy player in 7 years into the squad and as it stands we have 0 Club trained players meaning we have to leave 4 spaces in our CL squad that others don't, as well as falling foul of the potential new rules Dyke is pushing.

If you don't think there's a problem then in all honesty you're just not paying attention and your eternal faith "just because City have talented staff and we should trust them" is essentially the Peter Swales argument

Your asking the wrong man, I am not a professional football coach nor purport to know as much as those that are.

My debate with NK and yourself is that you are (I asume based on your experience) stating that these guys are ready for a chance. My counter argument is that those who are better qualified think otherwise. That doesn't make you right and me wrong or vice versa. All we have is a different view point.

Irrespective of what we think, we roll with what the club thinks is best for the club.

Maybe another angle would be that the lads more than want to come to City in the knowledge that they are not going to make the first team, but will receive the best coaching avaialble that will give them an excellent career elsewhere?

Could eventually agree with that too but I'd still go to Arsenal and get chance (if I'm any good) at top club compared to 2nd rate Monaco. There is good coaching there or at Liverpool too. They just give more chance to their young lads.

Rightly or wrongly city have shown there is clearly no desire to take a chance with youth at least in this moment of time. Thats pretty much evident with the club signing a 30 million centre back on top of two centre backs who have started the season on fire thus pushing denayer out the equation. There have been plenty of chances to give some of the younger players a few mintues like last season at home to southampton or us being 3-0 against west brom. Even sinclair got some token minutes over Ambrose.

People say that if they're good enough they will a chance but at the end of the day the club has to take a chance. Can understand some fans arnt that arsed and are just happy to see us signing 50 million pound players every summer and watching us win trophies which is fair but personally I would love to us really prove the doubters wrong and see a real quality batch of youth playershpreferably Englisg come through the system. Dont see it happening any time soon though, chelsea have completely dominated youth football yet havent seen one player become a reguler starter.Pogba and matic are clear examples of what you can miss out on if the club just doesnt take the gamble.

On lopes I think 8 million is great business tbf needs reguler games and he just isnt gonna get that here over de bruyne and sterling. More frustrated at the denayer saga as I could have seen him come in and do just as well or better than mangala or at least be a solid back up.

Pellegrini just said in his press conference that Lopes needs to go out and play regularly this season, which he won't get the opportunity to do at City. Seemed pretty convinced this would be a loan, with Lopes returning at the end of it. Surely given his contract status, if that is true, we'd be looking to sign him up to a deal before he's loaned out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.