Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand now, this is the new anti-Pelligrini thread
I suppose it's a bit difficult to make it so obvious after our start to the season so best to slag him off some other way

That's such a childish and unfair post and it's really annoyed me. It's RAWK like. Don't be so touchy. I think Pellegrini is great, I just think he has one major blind spot. Youth development - he didn't even know lopes had been sold yesterday morning which is a bit sad for many reasons.

To dismiss the likes of Nev, @Damocles and myself, I guess, as basically just anti-Pellegrini for having this opinion is infuriating. Do you really think we're that miserable that we'd look for any reason to slag off Pellegrini? Come on. Don't label anyone who has a different opinion to yours as someone who must be 'anti-Pellegrini'. It's not fair.

That's such a childish and unfair post and it's really annoyed me. It's RAWK like. Don't be so touchy. I think Pellegrini is great, I just think he has one major blind spot. Youth development - he didn't even know lopes had been sold yesterday morning which is a bit sad for many reasons.

To dismiss the likes of Nev, @Damocles and myself, I guess, as basically just anti-Pellegrini for having this opinion is infuriating. Do you really think we're that miserable that we'd look for any reason to slag off Pellegrini? Come on. Don't label anyone who has a different opinion to yours as someone who must be 'anti-Pellegrini'. It's not fair.

Worth noting as well that us three are people who actually pay lots of attention to the youth teams. In fact I don't know a single person who watches the youth games and doesn't agree that this is a problem now, which should tell you something straight away.

When did people see Lopes displacing one of the current team? He's a similar age to Sterling, and some even have doubts about him, which shows the kind of level you need to be at to be breaking into a team of this quality. I get that some players develop later than others, but £9m is good business given the situation - particularly if it helps support the current spending this window. I don't get frustrated by this.

yesterday the day started well with the de bruyne news...i was very very pleased and i am still pleased of our transfer window this year but there is a little sad feeling about...the deal with monaco,letting lopes go...one of our best maybe the best youth player coming through the ranks after iheanacho(who we had recently bought and hasn't played so many games for the eds team so far)....he was such a great talent and ready for appearances from the bench(for sterling or de bruyne or silva) and he was a great lad too!!!
so we have navas as backup for de bruyne and for sterling we would have had rony lopes then...now we have iheanach of course but his preferred poition is a backup for aguero! and nasri would have been a backup for silva...imo nasri isn`t that wide player we need in our new system... we needspeedy wingers like lopes,sterlin,de bruyne, navas! everything would have been perfect...now i am a bit sad...and pellers too i think cause it is clear he only wanted to loan him to comee back next year or in two years for the future man city team! hope there's a buy back clause...lopes is a blue! i want to hear pellegrini after this deal now what he has to say!

Should really have let one of Navas or Nasri go in order to keep this guy. We have really fucked up here but the club has done what it can to keep him I guess.

Why can people not understand he did not want to sign a new contract so it was either sell him for some money this year or let him go for free (abroad) or a development fee? Good piece of business IMO as others have said who would he be a deputy of in the current team? Sterling? Navas? de Bruyne (when he signs) or even Roberts.
I agree it's a shame to lose good young players but good business by City on the whole

i don't think so...cause pellers also said he wanted that he goes on loan and that he will be an important player for city in the future! imo he has seen that denayer signed a 5 year contract granted the third/fourth spot for the defenders position and then valencia weren't able to give us the money for negredo and then we thought okay we had still problems at defense in the preseason against stuttgart and so we got nervous and pulled the deal for otamendi...of course its a great signing and also good because he isn't at united now...and they still have probs at the back...but it would have been a perfect window when lopes would still be here & pogba on deadline day would be the best window of any team the last years...i am excited to hear what he(pellers) will say about the lopes-monaco deal

Why can people not understand he did not want to sign a new contract so it was either sell him for some money this year or let him go for free (abroad) or a development fee? Good piece of business IMO as others have said who would he be a deputy of in the current team? Sterling? Navas? de Bruyne (when he signs) or even Roberts.
I agree it's a shame to lose good young players but good business by City on the whole

why haven't we signed a 5 year deal with him sooner then as with all the other players? that was always a plus with txiki signing contracts very fast and soon with dzeko nasri aguero silva toure or other young talents denayer...now we have slept a bit in that case i think and then after the denayer-otamendi thing he didn`t want to sign a long 5 year contract then...but its understandable...if he would have signed at the same time as denayer then we would stiill have the best talent of our academy maybe going on loan to monaco this year then and everything would have been fine....

Could not give a rats arse about playing youth players at the min.

Absolutely buzzing we have got/getting Otamendi and De Brunye, two sought after world class players.

If that means there's no room for Denayer and Lopes then so be it.

Lets assemble the best possible squad we can and go for the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.