Rooney Charged 2 game Ban

Re: Rooney Misses The Derby

On ssn this morning..they say thay lee mason said he would have sent rooney off if he had seen or heard the incident..

would this be classed as straight red ?? and automatic 3 gamer ?? if so on appeal it may be reduced to 2 which still leaves him out of the semi..

Pigeonho said:
lionheart said:
I've not read all 27 pages of this thread, primarily because the first post is nonsense. Rooney has not yet been banned. Where does it say in the rules that he gets an automatic two match ban? My bet is that he either gets a one match ban (which is worse for us as he will be rested) or the ban is simply suspended, the latter being the most likely scenario in my view. I note that De Jong's "X-rated tackle" on Ben Hafa is now being dragged up by the red media, presumably to put pressure on the semi-final referee.
No, it's being 'dragged' up because he is only a month away from being fit. Do you seriously think the media are bringing up a tackle that happened some 7 months ago because we are in a semi final? I'm sorry but that just goes beyond even the sensible realms of paranoia.

They could have waited another week or two - just the usual RedHackery to bring it up now.

havelocke said:
Pigeonho said:
No, it's being 'dragged' up because he is only a month away from being fit. Do you seriously think the media are bringing up a tackle that happened some 7 months ago because we are in a semi final? I'm sorry but that just goes beyond even the sensible realms of paranoia.

Sorry Pig, but he's a month away from fitness...a MONTH.
if this was truely about Ben Arfa, this would (and probably will) be re-hashed
the week before he makes his comeback in the first team I ( or possibly his
first reserve team game).

This is obviously to try and put pressure onto the officials for the game.
And to try and deflect from Rooney.

;-)
Course, it couldn't have anything to do with Leon Best missing the rest of the season either, prompting Ben Arfa to do this interview on such tackles?
(What a silly, sensible theory that is).

Pigeonho said:
lionheart said:
I've not read all 27 pages of this thread, primarily because the first post is nonsense. Rooney has not yet been banned. Where does it say in the rules that he gets an automatic two match ban? My bet is that he either gets a one match ban (which is worse for us as he will be rested) or the ban is simply suspended, the latter being the most likely scenario in my view. I note that De Jong's "X-rated tackle" on Ben Hafa is now being dragged up by the red media, presumably to put pressure on the semi-final referee.

Why not drag it up in the week before he is due to play? Being a month away from fitness would not normally be the trigger to review the circumstances of a players injury.

GSW Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

Why not drag it up in the week before he is due to play? Being a month away from fitness would not normally be the trigger to review the circumstances of a players injury.
Like I said, Leon Best got injured at the weekend so it's more than likely that has prompted Ben Arfa to do the interview. If Best played for another team and got injured, this article wouldn't exist. There's no reason for the Mail to make it other than the fact Ben Arfa is on the final road to recovery and more importantly because his team mate has just been ruled out for the season.

samharris said:
On ssn this morning..they say thay lee mason said he would have sent rooney off if he had seen or heard the incident..

would this be classed as straight red ?? and automatic 3 gamer ?? if so on appeal it may be reduced to 2 which still leaves him out of the semi..
No, only violent conduct offences carry a three-game ban.

PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (6)
A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for using offensive or insulting or
abusive language/gestures, whether he has previously been cautioned in the match
or not, will be suspended automatically from first team competitive matches commencing
forthwith, and until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next two first
team competitive matches.

Pigeonho said:
havelocke said:
Sorry Pig, but he's a month away from fitness...a MONTH.
if this was truely about Ben Arfa, this would (and probably will) be re-hashed
the week before he makes his comeback in the first team I ( or possibly his
first reserve team game).

This is obviously to try and put pressure onto the officials for the game.
And to try and deflect from Rooney.

;-)

Course, it couldn't have anything to do with Leon Best missing the rest of the season either, prompting Ben Arfa to do this interview on such tackles?
(What a silly, sensible theory that is).

Don't be so naive Pig ;-)
Where's the headline in that?
That story just isn't interesting enough for the red tops ;-)
It needed 'an angle'.

oh, Not that Leon Best actually trained with Ireland last week
Obviously that had nothing to do with his injury flairing up again ;-)

*edited for spelling lol

Rooney will accept punishment with the proviso that the FA reduce the sentence to 1 match ban. This will have been done already off the record and he will only miss the Fulham game.

Done deal, Stiched up again.

neil jung said:
samharris said:

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for using offensive or insulting or
abusive language/gestures, whether he has previously been cautioned in the match
or not, will be suspended automatically from first team competitive matches commencing
forthwith, and until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next two first

neil jung said:
samharris said:

Thanks bud... should be 2 games then as no real reason to challenge..

What a strange guy Martin Samuel can be. Just read that article posted by Fantasy Ireland, but only yesterday Samuel was laying into shrek. He needs to make his mind up. He can't play good cop and bad cop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.