Rooney Charged 2 game Ban

Re: Rooney Misses The Derby

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
He'll get out of it... guaranteed.

dont c how to be honest,how can he make an argument from it??how can he better whats been said already,im confident he wont be at wembley

I don't care how it's done, we need to beat United and Rooney is a workhorse for them so this is a big help. I don't care about excuse making, 10 years from now no one will even remember who played and who didn't just who has the silverware. Hoping for a Vidic red card this weekend!

HellasLEAF said:
I don't care how it's done, we need to beat United and Rooney is a workhorse for them so this is a big help. I don't care about excuse making, 10 years from now no one will even remember who played and who didn't just who has the silverware. Hoping for a Vidic red card this weekend!

Here is some info for you .............

Alan Smith was the last Manchester United player to be sent off at Old Trafford on November 7th 2004......

Some how i don't think so lol

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
HellasLEAF said:

Alan Smith was the last Manchester United player to be sent off at Old Trafford on November 7th 2004......

im not usually a smart arse but jonny evans v bolton and vidic vs liverpool are two i can recall.

I've not read all 27 pages of this thread, primarily because the first post is nonsense. Rooney has not yet been banned. Where does it say in the rules that he gets an automatic two match ban? My bet is that he either gets a one match ban (which is worse for us as he will be rested) or the ban is simply suspended, the latter being the most likely scenario in my view. I note that De Jong's "X-rated tackle" on Ben Hafa is now being dragged up by the red media, presumably to put pressure on the semi-final referee.

HellasLEAF said:

Evans got sent off for them a few weeks ago.

Ticket For Schalke said:

Oh yes ..... Bloody internet lol should have checked that before posting !

im not usually a smart arse but jonny evans v bolton and vidic vs liverpool are two i can recall.

There's so much disinformation about disciplinary matters (and most of it has appeared in this thread).

One thing: disciplinary charges are nothing to do with the FA chairman or board. They are handled by the FA compliance unit.

And second: appeals are heard by an independent tribunal not David Bernstein sat in his office sipping cocoa from his City mug.

Cheadle Blue said:
larderland said:
this,i dont hink itl get reduced,theyd be turning back on everything they beliv,there definately making an example of him and would be highly embaressing if they turned around and reduced it

it will, drogba got a 6 game ban, rooney gets 2. they always get reduced on appeal. don't get me wrong, i agree with you. its nailed on, no grounds for any appeal whatsoever. but why give a persistant offender a 2 game ban? if it was one of ours, it would have been at least 3
Different authorities
No it wouldn't

straighttalker said:
Strange how those who say he's crap are now delighted it appears he won't be playing? Also blasts a hole in the theory of some that the FA favour Utd all the time, even yesterday people on here were saying nothing would be done as its 'Manchester United'? Means that Berbatov and Hernandez will have to play together and that isn't too bad as they've managed to score one or two between them this season.

Anyway onwards and upwards, looking forward to a great game with hopefully no trouble.

We all know how fickle football fans can be though - up until recently Rooney's form had been mediocre at best this season. Recently he's been much better. Either way, whether he's banned for the semi or not you can cover his absence quite well with Berbatov and/or Hernandez so it probably won't have much of an effect on the final outcome of the game.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was one of those that said yesterday he wouldn't get banned for this - that wasn't just because he plays for you. In fact my reasoning behind it was that he swears at referees pretty much every week and gets away with it. I'm not sure why he keeps getting off with it - it's probably as much to do with him being an integral part of the England set-up as it is to do with him playing for United. As someone has already stated in this thread, Shearer had the spineless FA over a barrel after blatantly kicking Lennon in the face - they should've called his bluff on that occasion and charged him regardless because I doubt he would've carried out his threat to quit the national side and miss out on playing in the World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.