Rooney Charged 2 game Ban

Re: Rooney Misses The Derby

u2fme2 said:
don't hold your breath, my betting is he will appeal and then
end up with a one match ban
cant end up with a one match ban hes been charged so if he appeals he will get another game ban

Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
Cant agree with any of that mate. Swearing on the pitch is one thing, but not what he did. He's a role model for millions of kids (God help us) and you can't have behaviour like that. It's bad enough that he goes around kicking, elbowing and stamping on his opponents, but this latest outburst should definitely be a ban.

Can you imagine Balotelli doing this and getting away without a ban? Not a prayer.
Balotelli wouldn't get away with it because of the 'form' he has this season. If it was someone like Barry or Chicarito, (someone with no form), it wouldn't have happened. It is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

I think you forget that Shrek has a bit of form of his own. Never mind the on-pitch violence we see from that turd ever week, he has sworn at the camera before now too. Not counting the constant abuse he gives refs. The guy is total pond life.

pride in battle said:
HellasLEAF said:
personally, I want him to miss the derby. he's a very important player for United. heck, I'd take a 5 game ban, but you know what, and I might get hung from the bluemoon rafters for this but...

he mouthed a swear word into a side line camera after scoring a hat-trick away to West Ham. Big f'ing deal. I would be livid if that were Tevez they were trying to ban from the FA Cup Semi for such an act.

Total overreaction imo. Send him a big fine, at most I could see a match ban but a two match ban for this? Missing actual matches for this? Good lord settle this down.

You must have low morals if you think effing and jeffing down a tv camera is ok!

don't be stupid. I never once said it was ok. I said a 2 match ban was a big overreaction and it is. It was an emotional on field moment, just happened to be in the camera. A hefty fine and at most a match ban is deserved at absolute most, but a 2 match ban? good lord that is overkill. I expect United to win an appeal and decrease the suspension unfortunately, would be nice to see him out for the semi but I'm not holding my breath.

Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:
Balotelli wouldn't get away with it because of the 'form' he has this season. If it was someone like Barry or Chicarito, (someone with no form), it wouldn't have happened. It is the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

I think you forget that Shrek has a bit of form of his own. Never mind the on-pitch violence we see from that turd ever week, he has sworn at the camera before now too. Not counting the constant abuse he gives refs. The guy is total pond life.
That was my point, he has form and this swearing down the camera thing is the straw that broke the camels back. Someone without that form like Barry or Chicerito, wouldn't be looking at a ban.

k2.items.cache.e9c724eeb5636d1c1c1a2c2e85d40377_Lnsp_74.jpg

Hope he wears one of these to the hearing.

Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
That was my point, he has form and this swearing down the camera thing is the straw that broke the camels back. Someone without that form like Barry or Chicerito, wouldn't be looking at a ban.

you see, I could accept 'form' as an argument. meaning the severity of the ban was due in part, to previous poor actions on Roony's part. Barry or Chicerito getting 2 matches would have been absurd for example. but don't tell me the act itself deserved 2 matches regardless I don't accept that.

Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:

yeah, so it's about time he was brought up about it and told it isn't on anymore.

an isolated incident you can accept an apology, but when he's been mouthing off all the fucking time he needs to be dealt with and made an example of.

One side of me wants Shrek to play. Don't want to give the Rags any excuses.
The Blue in me loves watching them implode with conspiracy theories about the FA.
They conveniently forget about Drogba's ban and Grants 2 game ban because it is doesn't fit in with the theory.
We have similar posters to be fair (like every other forum).
They have, to use their own phraseology, gone RAWKish!

On any possible appeal I believe that if they do appeal he will play in the Semi.
Probably get a one game ban because he (the club) instantly apologised.
The management/lawyers at the club will have been in touch with the FA and put their feelers out re the appeal (like I would expect us to as well).
They will appeal if they get the feeling that it will be successful.

Really don't care either way.
The ban could galvanise them. Also Rooney is just as likely to get sent off in the Semi if things are not going well for him.
We have Komps!

HellasLEAF said:
pride in battle said:
You must have low morals if you think effing and jeffing down a tv camera is ok!

don't be stupid. I never once said it was ok. I said a 2 match ban was a big overreaction and it is. It was an emotional on field moment, just happened to be in the camera. A hefty fine and at most a match ban is deserved at absolute most, but a 2 match ban? good lord that is overkill. I expect United to win an appeal and decrease the suspension unfortunately, would be nice to see him out for the semi but I'm not holding my breath.

dont agree mate if the ref had heard it he would have gone with a red card, a moments madness yes but even murderers have a moments madness that does not alow them to escape the rules, we all swear well most of us but rooney is an icon for young children throughout the country 'unfortunatley' he's got away with it for two long,if the fa drop to one match they will be seen as spineless, just my opinion

Let's get something straight, this is not the first time that he or his manager or another one of his team mates have done similar things. The club sems to think that they are a law unto themselves, the are a ship sailing in a sea of shit without a moral compass. Let's not even start on the rottem meat, tax fiddling and allegations of sexual assault that have been levelled at this cesspit. The long and short is that it is not appropriate to swear down the lens of a camera that is going out live to millions of people worldwide. Every player and I include City players have a moral responsibility to act in a manner that is befitting a PROFFESSIONAL footballer. The whole incident has brough shame on the scum(but they're used to it), the FA, the EPL and SKY the paymasters. The FA cannot back down on this, they have a resposibility to the footbaling worls in the UK to sort it out. I can half understand a player swearing if he misses a golden opportunity, I can half understand a player swearing on the pitch when conversing with another player, but I cannot accept a player who verbally abuses the officials or subjects people sat in their own homes to a volley of abusive language. I wonder how it would stand if someone called the police and made a complaint about it? He's in a public place, his behaviour or language is likely to have caused alarm harrassment or distress. If it were you or me on the street then it would be a section 5 public order all day long. And if it were at a match we would be banned from the ground.
This smacks of a two fingers up to the respect campaign so that's why I think something has to be done about it.
The man/boy is a horrible little individual who is a product of the loathing and hatred that the scum feel towards anyone who challenges them. Whatever ban he gets for me albeit with blue tinted specs, he desrves and more besides because it should be as a warning to the rest of that club that they are not beyond reproach as they have been for years.
I don't care whether he misses the semi or not, the fact we have got to two semi finals against them shows me we are moving in the right direction and I think we owe them one. What better place to repay the debt than on a worldwide stage at Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.