Rooney (MERGED)

Re: Collymore on twitter RE: Rooney

This smells very wrong...

City are just being used (once again) as a pawn to get a new and improved contract because we can afford to pay £160k a week. How many times have we seen agents leak stories to a media pundit when they are not getting their way with contract negotiations.

Watch this space - Rooney will get his improved contract and will then spout his love and loyalty to Utd. Then say that leaving for City was never on his wish list. Very Terry-esq.

Collymore on twitter RE: Rooney

bluesoup said:

City are just being used (once again) as a pawn to get a new and improved contract because we can afford to pay £160k a week. How many times have we seen agents leak stories to a media pundit when they are not getting their way with contract negotiations.

Watch this space - Rooney will get his improved contract and will then spout his love and loyalty to Utd. Then say that leaving for City was never on his wish list. Very Terry-esq.

Totally!........I bet Dogger is on commission sprouting shit like this for a brown envelope packed with dosh

It wouldnt matter one iota if we actually 'got him' or not, the mere fact that , maybe, he had expressed an interest in leaving the swamp and maybe going to City would be a fckin GREAT HEADLINE in the press. "Wazza wants away !prefers Blue Moon Rising to Sinking Ship" Then being told we dont want him. HAHAHA
Come On You Blues<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:39 am --<br /><br />
woolleyback blue said:
A fit focussed Rooney would be an asset to any team but I have serious doubts he'll ever regain his best form in the PL. He's carrying too much baggage. If he had any brains he's go abroad.
IF he had any brains lol

Don't underestimate Stan Collymore, he's quite an intelligent bloke (or should I say he's reasonably well educated and can at least string a coherent sentence together when called upon to do so).

His ramblings are mostly arse gravy of the loosest sort but he only says things to illicit a response and I can't imagine that he's particularly well connected, no more so than any other media whore ex-pro head on a stick anyway.

This is more to do with a desperately poor radio station trying to rope in listeners than any insight that Collymore has. It's join the dots broadcasting.

Apparently Stan Collymore was invited to take his pet German Shepperd 'Kane' onto that TV programme 'Dog Borstal'. However, he had to pull out after repeated refusals to shout the compulsary warning on entering the kennel of 'Dog In'!! ;-)

happy said:
Don't underestimate Stan Collymore, he's quite an intelligent bloke (or should I say he's reasonably well educated and can at least string a coherent sentence together when called upon to do so).

His ramblings are mostly arse gravy of the loosest sort but he only says things to illicit a response and I can't imagine that he's particularly well connected, no more so than any other media whore ex-pro head on a stick anyway.

This is more to do with a desperately poor radio station trying to rope in listeners than any insight that Collymore has. It's join the dots broadcasting.

Course it is, you only have to look at the way no matter what partnership is on, one will always condemn the talking point and one will back it to the hilt, they are never agreed and thats only to cause people to ring in and say "i agree with Goughie" or "Ronny Irani is talking shite hes never even been to Old Trafford Alan"

bluesoup said:

Completely agree, the fat little fucker is just using us to get a bigger deal. I'm in two minds about it tbh.
On the one hand I think we should release a statement saying we have no interest in the player. Just to put a spanner in the works and put a stop to his obvious greed.
On the other hand it's the rags and any extra money they have to pay out is fine with me. It just means they're a step closer to meltdown.

stony said:
bluesoup said:

Completely agree, the fat little fucker is just using us to get a bigger deal. I'm in two minds about it tbh.
On the one hand I think we should release a statement saying we have no interest in the player. Just to put a spanner in the works and put a stop to his obvious greed.
On the other hand it's the rags and any extra money they have to pay out is fine with me. It just means they're a step closer to meltdown.

I disagree to a point, tactics like these are extremely risky to use in any negotiations, I hardly think that United are daft enough to keep on swallowing the 'OK then I'll go to City' line and it's a bit of a black and white portrait of the negotiation process to suggest that this strategy might work in isolation.

However, in reality there are only a few clubs on the planet that could wrest Rooney away from United and we are one of them (that sounds nice doesn't it) so perhaps we might be being used in a subtle way to lever a better deal. Certainly it would be interesting if the reds did call his bluff and said 'go on then, join City/Real/Barca'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.