Rooney (MERGED)

adzmcfc134 said:
I'm not going to post my source but look at my post from the other day, I was the first person to post it before it broke.

Sat 16th?

An ITK?

Burn him,burn him now............

It's obvious he has an offer from someone as he wouldn't turn down a new contract without having something lined up.

The transfer fee will not be huge as by January he will only have a year to run on his contract thus giving them less leverage for a high price. Also it's not as if there will be a load of offers from other clubs.

Yes his salary would be high but isn't that why he's moving??

Re: have we actually said we want him?

It doesn't matter if we do or don't...just seeing the rags go mental is funny enough!

robbieh said:
markyboyblue said:
Not sure if anything on these lines has been posted previously.

I have a theory on Rooney. He has always been physically mature for his age. He looks and plays like a player 3 or 4 years older. I reckon by the time he is 28 he will be more like a 32 year old therefore nearing the end of his career. On top of this he doesnt exactly look after himself. His form is well down and he has a lot of personal issues. Why the fuck would we want him. People talk about pissing off the rags, fuck em, leave them to their sorry state of a club, manager and fanbase.

I really hope we have nothing to do with him.

Several of us have posted along similar lines. Totally agree with you Marky. The worst thing about it is we will be paying through the nose both with the fee and salary because of the Rooney hype machine. Like Beckham before him he's just not that good.

If we are going to pay someone 500 grand a week, then it has to be Messi.

Personally speaking if we are going to spunk 50 million on a player then let's get Iniesta, 10 times the player Rooney is, and intelligent and modest to boot.

Oh I forgot signing Iniesta wouldn't piss of Fergie and the United hordes.

I think that's over-simplifying it to be honest.

As Daniel Taylor quoted a source at City from saying, "We haven't discussed signing Rooney before like we haven't discussed signing Messi. Now we know he's avaialble it's changed matters."

Iniesta isn't available either. Rooney is the only player in that world class bracket that we can buy NOW. It's only right we give it seriously consideration.

It was only on Monday when it was really growing as a story and I was in the Trafford Centre that I realised just how big a deal he is. His image is everywhere. You may hate him, but he is the full package.

The only thing that's ever really wound me up about him is the shirt he wears. I thought he was brilliant last season and you don't just become shit overnight.

I won't lose sleep if he goes somewhere else, but the thought of him playing for us excites me enormously. I became unconcerned about footballer's morals a long time ago.

guvnors son mcfc said:
Another England player, if we buy Gerrard in January we will have the England team. You could not dream or make this up.

Why is that such a good thing its not like england are a world force in football.

m27 said:
robbieh said:
Several of us have posted along similar lines. Totally agree with you Marky. The worst thing about it is we will be paying through the nose both with the fee and salary because of the Rooney hype machine. Like Beckham before him he's just not that good.

If we are going to pay someone 500 grand a week, then it has to be Messi.

Personally speaking if we are going to spunk 50 million on a player then let's get Iniesta, 10 times the player Rooney is, and intelligent and modest to boot.

Oh I forgot signing Iniesta wouldn't piss of Fergie and the United hordes.

I think that's over-simplifying it to be honest.

As Daniel Taylor quoted a source at City from saying, "We haven't discussed signing Rooney before like we haven't discussed signing Messi. Now we know he's avaialble it's changed matters."

Iniesta isn't available either. Rooney is the only player in that world class bracket that we can buy NOW. It's only right we give it seriously consideration.

It was only on Monday when it was really growing as a story and I was in the Trafford Centre that I realised just how big a deal he is. His image is everywhere. You may hate him, but he is the full package.

The only thing that's ever really wound me up about him is the shirt he wears. I thought he was brilliant last season and you don't just become shit overnight.

I won't lose sleep if he goes somewhere else, but the thought of him playing for us excites me enormously. I became unconcerned about footballer's morals a long time ago.

Some tits on here argue that santa cruz had a good year once LOL. Get him signed and lets win the league.

Giant Rooney banner already being pulled down from old Trafford east stand - tweet from @unitedrant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.