Rooney (MERGED)

Don't sign him. He has never been one of the five best in the world. Get Tevez support that doesn't mirror his own game.

Signing Rooney would be a massive statement. But I'm not sure it really advances the ball as much as possible as would happen with other signings.

FFS NO!

I do not want that wanker at our club.

I don't care how good he is (debatable anyway). He is a total goon and a rag.

NO THANK-YOU

Chris in London said:
What I remember about Tevez playing for United in the derby is after he scored he went over to the United dugout and gestured as if to say 'am I not worth it'.

What I remember about Rooney in the last derby is that after rolling round on the floor like he'd been shot, he immediately jumped up as soon as the ref had blown his whistle. When all is said and done, the 11 guys who wear our shirt represent us on the pitch. I don't particularly want Rooney representing me.

I just cant see why we would want to pay 160 grans a week for someone who has scored once in 7 months and who can't play with Tevez (who has got 28 in 31 now), and who wouldn't even be able to play Europa league games as he would be cup-tied. Sure, things might look different in January, but if the transfer window opened tomorrow, I wouldn't be queueing up to sign Rooney.
Accidental but genius.

If he had a trainig ground bust up as well surely this would be all over the news, press must be packed around their training ground this morning

andyblue87 said:
If he had a trainig ground bust up as well surely this would be all over the news, press must be packed around their training ground this morning

My money is on Fletcher, Baconface's gimp ;-)

i'd prefer Torres, I just think he has more potential a) as an out and out striker b) to work with Tevez c) to keep his head down and get on with it and win those trophies he's desperate for.

That said, out of all this I'm most worried about Carlos, I just wished he'd commit to stay for the long term, he could be an absolute legend, but if he bogs off in a few years that would be such a great shame.

Balotelli's the great unknown in this, how will he do?

Urgh, I just wish we were settled.

Chris in London said:
What I remember about Tevez playing for United in the derby is after he scored he went over to the United dugout and gestured as if to say 'am I not worth it'.

What I remember about Rooney in the last derby is that after rolling round on the floor like he'd been shot, he immediately jumped up as soon as the ref had blown his whistle. When all is said and done, the 11 guys who wear our shirt represent us on the pitch. I don't particularly want Rooney representing me.

I just cant see why we would want to pay 160 grans a week for someone who has scored once in 7 months and who can't play with Tevez (who has got 28 in 31 now), and who wouldn't even be able to play Europa league games as he would be cup-tied. Sure, things might look different in January, but if the transfer window opened tomorrow, I wouldn't be queueing up to sign Rooney.
Was that intentional ('s' is next to 'd')? Either way, i just pissed myself laughing. 160 grannies a week? Is he worth it?

Footyblue said:
Don't sign him. He has never been one of the five best in the world. Get Tevez support that doesn't mirror his own game.

Signing Rooney would be a massive statement. But I'm not sure it really advances the ball as much as possible as would happen with other signings.

We have players to support Tevez, the problem is we need someone else who can do his job. At the moment we can't rest Tevez, because we have no replacement.

I don't know if we should sign him, but Rooney at his best would be a perfect signing for us if you look at it purely from the football side.

blueinsa said:
andyblue87 said:

My money is on Fletcher, Baconface's gimp ;-)

If he's twatted Ratboy Neville I might just change my mind about not wanting him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.