Rooney (MERGED)

Dubai Blue said:
robbieh said:
Do we want him because he plays for United or because he´s a great player?

When Torres was linked with us there was excitement. This however seems to have got people really up for it.

I hate United but I dont want us making signings based on how it will effect them. Only interested from a City point of view. This bitterness does us no credit.

We do need another striker granted but the downside of Rooney is a) is he past his best? b) will it affect Tevez? and c) his mouthy and unpleasant demeanour on a pitch is not what I associate City with.

So lets steer well clear.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Something I have said myself, lads.

We're clearly a minority on here.

You know what, I am actually coming round to the idea of Rooney joining us. At first i despised the idea afterall, he is a horrible bastard.

If he tells Fergie and United to screw themselves we could have a Tevez mark two on our hands.

We find ourselves in an incredible position where by i firmly believe we can lend one of either Rooney OR Torres.

Question is who do you go for ?

Incredibly difficult to say.

pee dubya said:
Uber Blue said:
For me it's all about Balotelli; I want to see this kid fly alongside Tevez. I can't envisage Mancini playing with three strikers so who sits on the bench? If he will play with three up front then I suppose it could be a goer but for me Balotelli needs to be given a chance.

I think Balotelli-Tevez-Rooney would quite easily fit into our system, all 3 of them are flexible, mobile and operate all over the pitch and could all swap positions. We play with 3 forwards already anyway, it's just only one or 2 of them are considered typical strikers.

I agree it would be rare that all 3 of them played, more likely 2 + AJ or Silva to offer something a bit different, but it wouldn't be a change in system, just the type of player in it.

To be honest that's my point. Tevez is undroppable at the minute and Balotelli is an unknown quantity for us and so needs a good run of games. Also Silva is going to get more and more game time so who does Mancini drop? We're not going to pay out a shit load of cash for Shrek to bench him so. . .

I think that if he does come then maybe the insinuations (by some on this board) that Tevez will not be here much longer may unfortunately be true.

Bigga said:
Dubai Blue said:
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Something I have said myself, lads.

We're clearly a minority on here.

I fully understand were you guys come from on this, however, signings are made as much on a commercial stance these days along with the football aspect.The commercial aspect, coupled with the message sent across the world by this, especially to the rags means its a win win for me and im sure the club will see it the same way.

After all I've ever said about him ( I hate him!) I don't think I could ever bring myself to support him, I don't for England tbh. He has united written all over him, Tevez didn't. That being said, although he is currently on shocking form, we all expect him to come good, he can be a class player. If he wasn't united I would want him, and if I didn't hate him so much. I wouldn't want any other premier league team to sign him, but I just can't decide if I'd want him; he is a class player on his day, but I just despise him, and everyone has got me worried about what effect this could have on Tevez. We are getting a settled side now, with Ballotelli and Kolarov to return; do we need any new players in Jan?

The Fixer said:
James Cooper SSN outside the swamp: hearing Rooney prefers to stay in the north west, not averse to madrid/barca but would like to stay in north west!!

Do you know why? because Real Madrid Don't want him Barcelona don't need him and can't afford him! The greedy fucker knows Only City pay the major Bucks 200grand..........Fuck him Don't want him........Passed it Big time..............

Uber Blue said:
pee dubya said:
I think Balotelli-Tevez-Rooney would quite easily fit into our system, all 3 of them are flexible, mobile and operate all over the pitch and could all swap positions. We play with 3 forwards already anyway, it's just only one or 2 of them are considered typical strikers.

I agree it would be rare that all 3 of them played, more likely 2 + AJ or Silva to offer something a bit different, but it wouldn't be a change in system, just the type of player in it.

To be honest that's my point. Tevez is undroppable at the minute and Balotelli is an unknown quantity for us and so needs a good run of games. Also Silva is going to get more and more game time so who does Mancini drop? We're not going to pay out a shit load of cash for Shrek to bench him so. . .

I think that if he does come then maybe the insinuations (by some on this board) that Tevez will not be here much longer may unfortunately be true.

Well, the way i see it is that we have groups of 3 games, they tend to go league-cup-league, midweek break or international break, league-cup-league. I think Mancini would love to be able to rest Tevez for one of those 3. If we had 3 strikers fit every week - Balo, Tevez + Rooney, they could all play 2 games a week, with potential for a sub appearance in the 3rd fixture.

I don't think we should... fuck it, get him.
65729_10150313676760145_860780144_15403410_4877479_n.jpg

Really, really, really would hate it if we signed Shrek he represents everything I hate about the rags and I don't even rate him that highly compared to other players we could sign.

Why the f*ck give the rags 40-50 million that they desperately need and that they could then use to sign someone infinitely better like Torres for example.

No one else has the kind of money Utd would want so just let him run his contract down and leave for nothing. If the powers that be then want to sign him on a mega bucks contract then so be it - I could stand that - at least the rags would then have no money to replace him and that would be really sweet.

With Balotelli to come back we don't desperately need another striker in Jan anyway so the best option is above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.