Rooney (MERGED)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dubai Blue said:
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Well for me, it's simply because he is one of the five best strikers in the world.

The fact he plays for scumbags, winner winner, chicken dinner.

Commercially, it takes our revenue streams and global appeal out the park.

I agree with all you points but I want a striker to be 'made in manchester'. I don't want to buy one from our potless neighbours.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Dubai Blue said:
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Well for me, it's simply because he is one of the five best strikers in the world.

I'm not sure about this, a film called "Wank it like Wazza" is going to have a limited viewing audience...

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree with all you points but I want a striker to be 'made in manchester'. I don't want to buy one from our potless neighbours.

Commercially you might have been right before he was found to be sleeping with prostitutes behind his pregnant wifes back.

The guy looks next to useless at the moment and I never rated him before this slump in form. The guy looks shot. Too big a risk to be handing megabucks over to Utd and solving what is a very big problem for them at the moment, and giving them money to invets in a replacement. It makes no sense.

Signing him and giving the rags the money to invest elsewhere is the worst move we could make.

Happily let the talk continue til the window though as its great 'free' publicity for us.

pee dubya said:
Uber Blue said:
To be honest that's my point. Tevez is undroppable at the minute and Balotelli is an unknown quantity for us and so needs a good run of games. Also Silva is going to get more and more game time so who does Mancini drop? We're not going to pay out a shit load of cash for Shrek to bench him so. . .

I think that if he does come then maybe the insinuations (by some on this board) that Tevez will not be here much longer may unfortunately be true.

Well, the way i see it is that we have groups of 3 games, they tend to go league-cup-league, midweek break or international break, league-cup-league. I think Mancini would love to be able to rest Tevez for one of those 3. If we had 3 strikers fit every week - Balo, Tevez + Rooney, they could all play 2 games a week, with potential for a sub appearance in the 3rd fixture.

I know what you mean and you're probably right. I'm just a bit concerned that we may end up having some unhappy players on our hands. I suppose it comes down to Bobby and how he sees it and i'm happy to support his decision on this matter.

I tell you what is strange though, having worries and concerns about whether we need to buy the Rag's star player from last year! Who'd of fucking thought it.

I cant believe what im reading .
he's a class act, his form has dipped of late, yes.
but this fall out hasn't happened overnight and this has been on his mind.
imagine him in our squad back to his best.
IF we could sign him in jan we have a brilliant chance of winning the prem.
i do remember a lot of people on here not wanting to sign tevez for 25mill !!
look how that panned out.

take your blue tinted spex off .

blue dallas said:
I cant believe what im reading .
he's a class act, his form has dipped of late, yes.
but this fall out hasn't happened overnight and this has been on his mind.
imagine him in our squad back to his best.
IF we could sign him in jan we have a brilliant chance of winning the prem.
i do remember a lot of people on here not wanting to sign tevez for 25mill !!
look how that panned out.

take your blue tinted spex off .

No, I was very happy with Tevez because we weren't giving the rags diddly squat, and those that didn't were very much in the minority.

He's had long spells of not scoring before and last season was the only season he's socred a decent amount of goals in one of the best teams in the league.

Apart from his effort and determination I don't see anything that makes him a class player or in any way better than what we could sign elsewhere.

I personally don't think he'd come. I'd have him in an instant though. I'd rather break the bank for Gerrard, if we got them both then corr blimey, the world is ours.

Someone said he is one of the three best players in the world.

Bullshit.

Barca have more than three who are better and that is only one team. Villa, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi need I go on. Madrid have better players than him. Ditto Inter etc etc

Because he is English he is overhyped and over here.

If we are going to blow 30 million can we get someone who is intelligent both on and off the pitch.

Too many people on here are focussing on helping united than improving City.

Who gives a fuck how much money we give them? Fergie wont see a penny of it just like he didnt with the Ronaldo money.

If fat waz improves us then i will welcome him with open arms! Too many people with the small time mentality on here and wanting united to fail more than City to succeed!

Taken from the scum.net. (on news now man city)

Utd powerless if City seize Rooney chance
Monday 18th October 2010 14:38

Print Article
Email Article ..

Ferguson and Rooney: Relationship reportedly beyond repair
. Click here for football betting
.Wayne Rooney may be set to quit Manchester United and TEAMtalk's Ian Watson believes Manchester City can profit from an almost inevitble split.

No matter what spin Manchester United put on Wayne Rooney's apparent desire to seek pastures new, they simply cannot dress up a parting of the ways as anything other than a hammer blow. Especially if Manchester City make the England forward an offer he can't refuse.

The fractured bond between Sir Alex Ferguson and Rooney is said to have little or no chance of healing, with Rooney's camp believed to have told United that they are no longer interested in discussing an extension to the 24-year-old's current deal.

But unlike previous occasions when the manager has shown one of his stars the door, the player on this occasion will dictate the outcome - and that makes the prospect of a cross-city switch to Eastlands infinitely more plausible.

Real Madrid are considered by most observers and bookmakers to be City's main rivals for Rooney's signature, but the Spaniards simply cannot compete with City's financial clout, and must put their faith in the player's willingness to sacrifice financial gain in favour of a new and entirely different lifestyle - a choice Rooney could be reluctant to make.

Chelsea will be in the market very soon for Didier Drogba's successor, and though the Blues have moved away from signing expensive megastars in recent seasons, the temptation to pick up a proven and home-grown replacement may well arouse Roman Abramovich's interest. But even the Russian oligarch might be reluctant to splurge the kind of cash City would consider throwing at Rooney.

City milked the capture of Carlos Tevez for all it was worth, but snatching Rooney away from Old Trafford would send seismic waves across not only Manchester, but the entire football world - exactly the aim of the big-spending and big-talking Citizens. And in return for crossing the Manchester divide, City would doubtless make Rooney the world's best-paid player, on double the amount he currently earns at Old Trafford.

Though many United fans will likely protest otherwise, would anyone really blame Rooney for accepting City's money?

With Yaya Toure currently taking over £200,000-a-week off his employers, it is well within the realms of possibility that Rooney could be offered over £300,000-a-week for four or five years - a game-changing amount even for someone who probably already has his own Scrooge McDuck-style money pit at home, but Rooney knows his next contract will be the biggest of his career.

United, though, do not look likely to do quite as well financially out of any possible deal. Given how close Rooney has been allowed to get to free-agent status, I'd be surprised if the Red Devils pocket anything over £40million. A player of two - Shay Given or Karim Benzema for example - may sweeten any deal but the power Rooney has within his grasp means United may have to be grateful for what they can get.

If City - or anyone else - make it clear to Rooney's camp just how much monetary value they place upon his signature, the player simply has to threaten to see out the rest of his remaining deal at Old Trafford, meaning United must consider any offer thrown at them, whether it comes from Eastlands or further afield. The Glazers will certainly not stand by and lose their biggest asset for nothing, nor can they afford to.

It appears only a matter of 'when' rather than 'if' Rooney and Ferguson do go their separate ways, with an exit as early as January already mooted. Both Jose Mourinho and Jorge Valdano, however, have already insisted that Real will do no business in January and given Rooney would not be eligible for the later stages of the Champions League, Real's reluctance to do a deal on the scale of this before next summer is understandable.

City do not have that problem, and given United's many other issues and inadequacies on the field, they cannot afford not to play the second half of the season without Rooney or a replacement.

The Red Devils claimed on Sunday that reports Rooney would be sold in January were 'nonsense', but tellingly, nothing was said about a summer departure and, really, the club might not have any other choice than to watch Rooney leave mid-season if his attitude fails to change in the short time between now and the closure of the winter transfer window.

United fans though can take consolation - albeit slight - from two facts:

Firstly, there is no way this will come as a surprise to Ferguson. The wily old Scot will have realised there was a problem before Rooney did, and plans of some sort are surely already in place to deal with the striker's exit.

Secondly, with United already requiring at least four top-class players next season even before Rooney's exit is considered, Ferguson, David Gill and the Glazers have the perfect opportunity to prove they are not lying when they insist transfer funds are there to be spent.

Many believe Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez have not been adequately replaced, so whether or not the loss of another match-winner is offset by the arrival of a replacement will surely show once and for all just how dire or otherwise the financial situation really is at Old Trafford.

But until Ferguson and the Glazer's plans become clear, a Rooney-less future looks increasingly likely and worryingly bleak for the Red Devils. Before Rooney signs on the dotted line elsewhere, the vast majority of United fans will be urging Ferguson to swallow his pride and do everything to keep his star player at the club.

Those pleas, however, are likely to fall on deaf ears with the outrageously stubborn Ferguson unlikely to pander to anyone - even the 'White Pele'.

. Wayne Rooney to sign for in Jan Transfer Window. Click here to bet. .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.