Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

And they have to keep within the ffp rules, be funny as fuck if they struggle to get players in after they rushed it thru to stop us.

CheethamHillBlue said:
sjk2008 said:
The big question for me is whether Moyes can get the best out of whoever signs - something which I am really not convinced about, however signing Mata & keeping Rooney (however ridiculous his wage demands were) are signs for other players that the club aren't just going to settle for mid table obscurity for the forseeable future.

To me, it's a sign they are throwing money away.
Fellaini? Ideal in a team lumping a long ball into the box. The United way? Not for a minute.
Mata? Bench warmer at Chelsea who doesn't seem to fit in with Van Rapist & Shrek
Shrek? £300k a week for someone who is in and out at the moment. Only can go downhill over the next few years due to shape, smoking, age etc.
Any other target? Will they come to a club with no European football or Thursday night league at best?
Not in my eyes.
Paying roughly £70m for Mata in fee and wages for the next 4 years and a similar amount for Shrek doesn't say to me "Look other players. We are not prepared to settle for mid table"
To me it says "We are prepared to throw perfume over a turd even though, at the end of the day, it'll still be a turd."

That's a meaningless. Mata is class.

blueparrot said:
Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Anderson, Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez , Giggs
Young, Valencia and possibly RVP

That's 11 players out of a squad of 25 It will take more than 5 or 6 players to replace that lot and more than £200 m. I can't see the players out raising more than £50m.
I would say they would need 4 defenders, a couple of central midfielders 1 attacking midfieder and 2 top strikers minimum to be competing next season, if they all left.

One thing the rags have been utterly brilliant at over the last decade is getting top dollar for average players.
Helped in no small way by a succession of former players who are now managers. Another of the cunts has just popped up in south wales. Don't be surprised if Cardiff spunk a fair few million on rag rejects in the summer.

stony said:
blueparrot said:

That's 11 players out of a squad of 25 It will take more than 5 or 6 players to replace that lot and more than £200 m. I can't see the players out raising more than £50m.
I would say they would need 4 defenders, a couple of central midfielders 1 attacking midfieder and 2 top strikers minimum to be competing next season, if they all left.

One thing the rags have been utterly brilliant at over the last decade is getting top dollar for average players.
Helped in no small way by a succession of former players who are now managers. Another of the cunts has just popped up in south wales. Don't be surprised if Cardiff spunk a fair few million on rag rejects in the summer.

Yeah, funny that aint it? All above board though.

stony said:
blueparrot said:

But there's now FFP to think of, and to the likes of Cardiff, £5m is like £30m to us. I know that the Premier League FFP isn't up and running yet, but it is in the Championship and any club that goes down now can get in trouble if it is wasteful over it's parachute payments. This fear of relegation will have a knock on effect on transfer policy, and they aren't going to shell out top money on high paid rejects any more. FFP is coming home to roost.

stony said:
blueparrot said:

lets not forget though that those sales were based when they were actually winning trophies each season - this current bunch are dogshite - any club spunking money on that rabble need their heads sorting

He still ain't signed.

playing them like a twat.

mat said:
He still ain't signed.

playing them like a twat.
Still not signed? Fucking hell, he's playing a blinder again. Probably waiting for an illegal approach from Chelsea saying they'll match those wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.