Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

last season at the swamp he was a constant threat throughout the game and united couldnt handle him
he scored a brilliantly taken goal and a couple of the rags in the pub i were saying that they wanted him
its just a case of keeping him fit i think

he is a class targetman! class!! and Hughes knows him better than anyone in the Premier League and must rate him very highly.
if we had him last season we would have done better in the Uefa Cup, during the Hamburg matches i couldnt help think how much we needed him

oaksie2 said:
Pressure of a website?? Behave, half the keyboard muppets on here have never stepped foot inside Eastlands, they're too busy on here typing negative shite about anything City.
too true, cant beleive some of the comments about santa cruz on here , we`re supposed to be supporters, anybody know what that means ? Some fans are starting to sound like spoiled brats. Cant you remember the absolute garbage we`ve had playing for us & we slate a player who`s not even been on the pitch for us yet. Some of you should be ashamed of youselves, we used to be know for our humour, fairmindedness, loyalty and knowledge of the game.....has that all changed because we`ve come into money ? Speaking of the money, some fans are upset because its a lot of money , well it isnt our money & it wont cost us a penny will it. While i`ve been typing this our owner has probably earned the full £18m already .

dave_blue12 said:
FFS Why do you lot believe we are paying £18m for RSC ?

Oh yea ! Because those paragons of truth and accuracy Sky Sports says so !

FFS try thinking before you type your negative bullshit which is based on Sky's negative bullshit.

Even if we are paying £18m (and I don't believe we are) RSC is a vast improvement over our current striking options and will be playing for the Manager under whom he looked like a worldbeater the season before last. Happy days I say :)
SPOT ON POST , TRY SUPPORTING THE TEAM PLAYERS MANAGER AND CLUB FOR A CHANGE

stavros said:
last season at the swamp he was a constant threat throughout the game and united couldnt handle him
he scored a brilliantly taken goal and a couple of the rags in the pub i were saying that they wanted him
its just a case of keeping him fit i think

Not 100% convinced so I committed a cardinal sin

Looks positive though if he is FIT?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f9/santa-cruz-city-bid-accepted-255221/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f9/santa-cruz-ci ... ed-255221/</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A53359392" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A53359392</a>

It seems a underwhelming signing only beacuse of the links we have with E'to and Tevez etc.
2 Years ago we would be going crazy with excitement about this deal.

What has let us down in the last year is a poor squad. Christ we had benjani playing some games. Totally nothing against Benjani, vassel, Evens etc but they will not take us above the level we are now.

RSC in his 1st year for Blackburn looked a steal at what they paid for him. Looked sheer class. Then Blackburn sold his supply line in Bently and he got injured. If he can reproduce what he did in his 1st year at Blackburn, and Hughes thinks he can, then he will be a very good signing for us.

Sure i still dream of getting E'to and tevez also, after all its about a squad and having options, and this imho is a good signing.

Shouldn't of said that!!

Start of the week.

I’m frustrated with people assuming we are going to throw crazy money at deals, that we won’t understand true values and we can’t negotiate or get value for a player. We’ve had numbers thrown at us that are a joke.

“There are situations where a £10 million player will be offered to us for a ‘City price’ of £20 million.

“We just leave because at that point there’s no point arguing – if people are throwing crazy numbers at us, fine, deals won’t be done.”

End of the week.

City agree fee for £18m for Roque Santa Cruz

Re: Shouldn't of said that!!

Can you post the link where City have said it's definitely £18m up front?

freddie_hill said:
gillymcfc said:
PaleBlue said:
It's too much money - but f**k it, it's not MY money. Hughes is putting a lot of faith in this boy, he better come through. Rather have Boj playing myself.

Thats hit the nail on the head!

Mark Hughes has to get it right this season or he is out of the best job in the world.

What would you do - Pay 60mil on a superstar name that may sulk and get you the boot ( BERBATOF COMES TO MIND in his SPURS day for Martin Jol)

Or take a chance on a player who will give his all for you come what may knowing ful well his operation on a niggling injury has gone perfect.

And no I am not a RSC lover but I know what I would do.

My question is how much time will RSC spend on the pitch ... his track record over 11 years suggests not a lot.

If we sign Eto'o and Tevez he may not be spending much time on the pitch if fit!

If RSC stays fit he will be a big asset. Put quite simply, his height will give our forward line more attacking options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.