Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Bazzmand Show said:
People seem to be suggesting Santa man as some second rate hack, this he is certainly not. I believe he has a wonderful touch and his ability to hold up and distribute is right up their with berbaflop, perhaps his goalscoring not quite as good. Dont forget, that it was only 12 months prior to the scum signing flop that they were looking at santa cruz as the option if that deal fell through. On his day he is a class player, just have to make sure those guys in the medical room are switched on. Also are his injuries soft tissue style injuries, i.e. hamstrings etc or impact injuries i.e. bone injuries and such. Having been a physio for the best part of 10 years I can tell you that soft tissue injuries tend to stick around with a player alot longer than broken legs and cartlidge injuries sustained around the knee. If treated correctly the high impact injuries (which santa has had) can be much more maneagable than a player who is suspect with injuries such as calf and hamstrings. Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

I believe they are soft tissue injuries seeing as he's just had arthroscopy & debridement done on his knee. I've just had the same surgery on my ankle & my physio has told me to never play football again!

hey lads lets just get behind the guy, after all he is going to be wearing city blue, and to me aslong as the guy puts a shift in thats what matters, all along this guy has craved the move to city, not arsenal or liverpool or everton or spurs BUT city!

yet we are all getting behind a deal for eto'o who IMO only wants a big pay day.......who would we really want quality aside? ino i would prefer some one who wants to play for my team.

would you swap ireland for lampard? or SWP for lennon? no and thats because stevie and sweep WANT to play for this club.

so lets get behind him from the start, as you will all be eating humble pie when he out jumps rio the smack rat and thunders a header past van der big nose bastard to put city 2up at the swamp!!

keep the faith as we have done for so long!

Cheesy said:
Bazzmand Show said:
People seem to be suggesting Santa man as some second rate hack, this he is certainly not. I believe he has a wonderful touch and his ability to hold up and distribute is right up their with berbaflop, perhaps his goalscoring not quite as good. Dont forget, that it was only 12 months prior to the scum signing flop that they were looking at santa cruz as the option if that deal fell through. On his day he is a class player, just have to make sure those guys in the medical room are switched on. Also are his injuries soft tissue style injuries, i.e. hamstrings etc or impact injuries i.e. bone injuries and such. Having been a physio for the best part of 10 years I can tell you that soft tissue injuries tend to stick around with a player alot longer than broken legs and cartlidge injuries sustained around the knee. If treated correctly the high impact injuries (which santa has had) can be much more maneagable than a player who is suspect with injuries such as calf and hamstrings. Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

I believe they are soft tissue injuries seeing as he's just had arthroscopy & debridement done on his knee. I've just had the same surgery on my ankle & my physio has told me to never play football again!

Yes but his comments were made on your footballing ability not your physical condition ;)

Danny St.helens CTID said:
hey lads lets just get behind the guy, after all he is going to be wearing city blue, and to me aslong as the guy puts a shift in thats what matters, all along this guy has craved the move to city, not arsenal or liverpool or everton or spurs BUT city!

yet we are all getting behind a deal for eto'o who IMO only wants a big pay day.......who would we really want quality aside? ino i would prefer some one who wants to play for my team.

would you swap ireland for lampard? or SWP for lennon? no and thats because stevie and sweep WANT to play for this club.

so lets get behind him from the start, as you will all be eating humble pie when he out jumps rio the smack rat and thunders a header past van der big nose bastard to put city 2up at the swamp!!

keep the faith as we have done for so long!

didnt like the idea of him but he IS going to sign so AMEN

Trigger said:
Cheesy said:
Bazzmand Show said:

Yes but his comments were made on your footballing ability not your physical condition ;)

Twat ;-)

Cheesy said:
Trigger said:
Cheesy said:
Bazzmand Show said:

Twat ;-)
PMSL ;o)))

ello_jo said:
First time, I've posted on this thread and too be honest I bet it's full of idiots saying what a complete twat hughes is etc.etc. I think it's a great signing, look at him in his first season, he was awesome every chance he got he scored. Have we got a natural goalscorer? No, well now we have. He might have been so injured last year because he didn't go through Hughes' gruelling training pre-season. I reckon he'll get him back in shape an he'll be quality.

But his overall record doesn't justify his price tag. Thats what im pissed about.

Ricster said:
ello_jo said:
First time, I've posted on this thread and too be honest I bet it's full of idiots saying what a complete twat hughes is etc.etc. I think it's a great signing, look at him in his first season, he was awesome every chance he got he scored. Have we got a natural goalscorer? No, well now we have. He might have been so injured last year because he didn't go through Hughes' gruelling training pre-season. I reckon he'll get him back in shape an he'll be quality.

But his overall record doesn't justify his price tag. Thats what im pissed about.

I am seriusly worried about how this will effect our efforts to get big players in.

Other clubs will look at this, and think we are pushovers.

If we are willing to pay double price for RSC, the prices for other players may go up big time.

Ricster said:
ello_jo said:

Ricster what do you have to say to this taken from mancityfans?

RSC's record inc sub appearances is apparently. P:235 Goals: 67 rate 1 goal per 3.507 which apparently is shite

RIG's statistics probably missing sub appearances & some lesser games give him 59 goals in 159 games which apparently is shite (that's 1 goal per 2.69 games)

Neil Young for City: p 334 goals 86= 1 per 3.883

Apparently Neil Young was shite.

Wyn Davies:

Newcastle 216/ goals: 53 1 per 4.075 Shite
City 45/8 1 per 5.6

No wonder we bought Marsh, Wyn Davies was shite.

Joe Royle for City : 99/23 1 goal per 4.3 shite.

Nicolas Anelka pre City:

PSG: P10 Goals 1
Arsenal: P65 Goals 23
Real: P19 Goals 2
PSG: P39 Goals 10
Liverpool: P20 Goals 4

Total 153/40 1 goal per 3.82 games

Why did we sign Anelka? He was obviously shite! 1 decent season for Arsenal! 4 in 20 games for Liverpool!! He'll never do it in the PL!!

Can you all do me a favour (Dennis Bergkamp 11 in 52 for Inter by the way)

When any of you decide to quote your clever statistics to show whether we should sign a player or not, instead, print them out & stick them up your arse.

rsc 18 mill, jo 19 mill, bellamy 14 mill = 51 million, not good value for money imo

torres 25 mill, podolski 10 mill, henry 10 mill, and still have change would of been a better investment, just a thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.