Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Fooks sake - give the bloke a chance - we're sounding like a bunch of Rags here - calling players coz they're not big glamour signings like Eto'o or Benzema!

Santa Cruz is a very good player, and now he's a Blue, so lets get behind him and give him some confidence - show him what playing for God's Own Club is all about.

One things for sure - if we yell at him from the offset and call him every name under the sun, he certainly won't play to the best of his abilities. All we'll end up doing is dragging one of our own players down, like we've done on a number of occasions in the past - pointless!

bluejue said:
Jo's Afro Comb said:
fuck me lets give him a chance first
i for one am not to bothered about RSC signing cos he does give us the option of a tall bloke up top, lets not forget he was playing with a bunch of cloggers at 'burn
everyone mumbled and grumbled when bellamy signed and until his injury, yes he was prone, he did the biz and knew were the sticks were
so now RSC plays in blue whether you like it or not and as mentioned bynly a handful of fellow blues, lets get behind him cos he does play in blue and thats a good thing

besides with the best fans in england behind him his confidence will be sky high, but when a bunch of dickheads knock before hes even had a go he aint gonna feel to ggreat about it

Totally agree with this. Still think a lot of fans have changed since the takeover - understand concerns over injuries but since when did we not welcome players to our club.....?

It just shows the change in attitude - I for one do not think RSC is the kind of step up we were hoping for HOWEVER I have had to stop myself today and think 2 years ago would I not have been bouncing off the walls at the thought of buying a £18million striker.

BTW does £18M not make RSC the joint second biggest transfer fee in the history of city ? (joint with NDJ) ???
I guess Abu Dhabi billions have skewed perceptions and expectations a little

smiles said:
mcfc_forlife said:
kind of off the subject a little here guys and gals my apologies but i have just been on the OS on the squard profiles, and santa cruz is on there straight away where as barry isnt and de jong has vanished, can anyone explain why this is? as i am confused

Dejong going missing is a bit weird. There was mention of his family not being settled here but I don't know if it had any substance.

hadnt heard anything about that mate but i really hope hes not going anywhere. i thought at first it might have been a changing of photos as he didnt have a pitch side photo but neither does Given, its probably something of nothing hopefully.

kinkyisgod said:
bluejue said:
Jo's Afro Comb said:
i for one am not to bothered about RSC signing cos he does give us the option of a tall bloke up top, lets not forget he was playing with a bunch of cloggers at 'burn
everyone mumbled and grumbled when bellamy signed and until his injury, yes he was prone, he did the biz and knew were the sticks were
so now RSC plays in blue whether you like it or not and as mentioned bynly a handful of fellow blues, lets get behind him cos he does play in blue and thats a good thing

besides with the best fans in england behind him his confidence will be sky high, but when a bunch of dickheads knock before hes even had a go he aint gonna feel to ggreat about it

Totally agree with this. Still think a lot of fans have changed since the takeover - understand concerns over injuries but since when did we not welcome players to our club.....?

It just shows the change in attitude - I for one do not think RSC is the kind of step up we were hoping for HOWEVER I have had to stop myself today and think 2 years ago would I not have been bouncing off the walls at the thought of buying a £18million striker.

BTW does £18M not make RSC the joint second biggest transfer fee in the history of city ? (joint with NDJ) ???

jo cost 19 mill

celf said:
kinkyisgod said:
bluejue said:
Jo's Afro Comb said:

jo cost 19 mill

DOH!

At last a bit of height to our team!

A 4 hour medical should answer a few of the doubters!

Certainly like the way City do their transfer business these days, no comments until the player signs brilliant!

didnt we have all this with bellamy n am sure he proved us wrong in the games he played,fair enough hes injured at the mo but hes a gud player like santa cruz who we need at set-pieces.CTID

I'm still yet to hear a valid reason as to why this is a bad buy? For every argument I have heard against the player there is a reason or answer in reply to support him.
Great signing and I think/I know he will be more of a force than people give him credit for..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.