Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

I'm pleased he signed, but I do wonder why he signed a new contract at the start of the season if he had it in mind that he'd be off. He'd probably have been here long before now, if he hadn't done that.

Purely poor advice mate, thats all it was. (Long story short, read my older posts for the full version) He was due to join us under Sven but then he got sacked, we nicked MH and the deal was put on hold so the Blkbrn fans didnt moan at us taking RSC and Hughes... A deal was done for £15m and we went back in Jan for him as agreed but for him to fail a medical. Blkbrn then asked him to sign so he had a £15m get out clause in the contract so when we went back in for him we couldnt knock down the price due to injury. He didnt even get a pay rise thats how baddly advised he was! Anyway he has joined now for said £15m with bonus' ontop should he become successful with us (and he will.

not my fault! said:
I'm pleased he signed, but I do wonder why he signed a new contract at the start of the season if he had it in mind that he'd be off. He'd probably have been here long before now, if he hadn't done that.

Purely poor advice mate, thats all it was. (Long story short, read my older posts for the full version) He was due to join us under Sven but then he got sacked, we nicked MH and the deal was put on hold so the Blkbrn fans didnt moan at us taking RSC and Hughes... A deal was done for £15m and we went back in Jan for him as agreed but for him to fail a medical. Blkbrn then asked him to sign so he had a £15m get out clause in the contract so when we went back in for him we couldnt knock down the price due to injury. He didnt even get a pay rise thats how baddly advised he was! Anyway he has joined now for said £15m with bonus' ontop should he become successful with us (and he will.

It's in anyone to be a plum pudding once in a while, I suppose. Like I've said previously, I reckon he's going to be the missing piece of the jigsaw... but I pine for what could've been, if he had Roq'd up (boom boom) in January. Oh well!

What a good signing welcome to MCFC the only team to play in Manchester.

No longer will we have to see that backpass to Given, the hoof up field only to give the ball straight to the opposition we now have someone who might actually be able to head it, hold it and pass the thing. Brilliant made my day. Now hows the Tevez thread doing....................................................

not my fault! said:
yankblue said:
Look, he's injury prone. Obviously, there's no getting around that, and it's a concern.

However, RSC IS a very, very good player. Look at his goal scoring rate for Blackburn, it's about 1 in 2. If he plays 10 games, he's going to score around 5 goals. If he plays 20, he'll score around 10. He's a targetman, can play as a lone striker, and can HOLD THE BALL UP, which is something that nobody on our current team then.

Hopefully Hughes can keep him fit and in shape. He can bag us 25 goals if he stays fit all year.

How is he injury prone? He misses 10 weeks in a year by choice because he was fucked about by his club and he is a huge risk? He had the time off because he wanted to be right at the end of the season, not because he couldnt play. He could have continued but thought "fuck it" and had the time off as a huge two fingered salute to Fat Sam and the board for the fuck ups they made, they didnt want him to be off but when he failed a medical at City in Jan the inhury was picked up. Wouldnt mind but it wasnt a major thing he had done anyway. Thats fact not guesswork. He scored one every two games for Blackburn but played regular, at Bayern he started games from the bench with 80% of them within the last 15-20mins of a game so his record is poor. Not to mention the German golden boy Podolski was always going to be picked infront of him.
He is fit and will stay that way bar an accident like the Boj had but that could effect any player at any time, he will scroe more times than not and will play more than people are expecting him to.

I don't know a whole lot about his time at Bayern and assumed that most of his time was off the bench. I thought he had a fair share of problems throughout his career but you seem to know quite a bit more about him then I do so I'll take you're word on it, I was wrong my mistake. Like I said I'm happy that he signed and I do believe he will be fit more often then not, I'm a fan and I wished we had brought him to the club a long while ago.

All I know is that his goals per game ratio in the prem league is one goal every two starts, it is up to MH and all the backroom and medical staff to ensure he plays 38 games, which should according to his stats produce 19 goals. Add to that someone who might be able to help out the defence at set pieces might just mean our goals conceeded might just recede. Result a higher position than what we have had before. The only real problem is quality crosses into the box I hope Petrov, Robbie, SWP, Bellamy, Ireland put in a lot of practice, finally at set pieces we have Barry who from what I have seen can deliver a good cross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.