Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: santa cruz set for city medical

Not too keen on RSC but think i'd rather have a fit RSC over crouch.
plus he could work well with Tevez and Robbie, holding the ball up with them playing off him
£15 mil still seems a bit too much though

Neil McNab said:
Worrying with his injury record but if there's a better target man in the PL I've not seen them. He's a real handfull when he's fit and is everything we are missing up front at the moment. For 15 mil it's a gamble we can afford and if he stays fit and bangs in 25 goals it will be worth it. Hope we sign at least another forward though!

Agreed. RSC is a TOP quality striker. Not many better in the Prem. However, he needs to be given the mother of all medicals if we're going to splash out 15 million quid on the guy. Perhaps even more importantly, as we're awash with cash, we need to be sure that he isn't going to break down and leave us in the shit with no target man like last season.

sergio aguerro for me anyday we want the best players of the future and at 21 and being likened to maradonna and messi need i say more.

Neil McNab said:
Worrying with his injury record but if there's a better target man in the PL I've not seen them. He's a real handfull when he's fit and is everything we are missing up front at the moment. For 15 mil it's a gamble we can afford and if he stays fit and bangs in 25 goals it will be worth it. Hope we sign at least another forward though!

agree.....if we can get Tevez,RSC and Eto'o to add to Robinho and Bellamy, we have some real options up front that can play different styles for different games,gives MH options to change the game during the match, and not forgetting a potent goal threat and work ethic

Tevez and Bellamy- the hard workers that can drag defenders about and chip in with the odd goal
RSC- the big target man to hold the ball up,cause problems in the air and bring other players into the game
Eto'o- the goal poacher geting on the end of crosses,through balls and pouncing on mistakes
Robinho - the silk to add to the steel picking out the passes that defenders can't pick out

of course this all assumes we sign these 3! but wouldn't that be a front line to pick from!

sorry but we need to get real: eto,tevez we will never get hope am wrong but will end up with rsc and crouch which i think is bad buisness and with that strike force would come top ten and mark hughes out of ajob!

just4blues said:
sorry but we need to get real: eto,tevez we will never get hope am wrong but will end up with rsc and crouch which i think is bad buisness and with that strike force would come top ten and mark hughes out of ajob!

Do you really think that hughes has been given in the region of £200 million to spend and only go for middle class options when there's top class out there to be had?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.