Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: 18m for Santa Cruz..Breaking News...Fee Agreed.

alera said:
Well I think he will be a terrible signing. Like Bell end he will miss over half the games through injury next season.

His realworld value is Around £10 miillion IMO given his record and injury history.

We wont get taken seriously with deals like this if its true !
Has to pass the medical first. I hope he does, because a fit Santa Cruz would score more 15 plus goals a season.

You're a bit naieve if you think the fee is £18 Mill, and so what if is? If he reproduces his form at Blackburn it will be a bargain

Rammy Blue said:
comfort zone or not does anyone actually think that Hughes is so stupid as to spend up to 18mil on a player like Santa Cruz unless he knows EXACTLY how good the guy is?

Yes to comfort zone and yes to him being stupid imho

Lets just wait and see what the club say the fee actually is rather than believing Sky Sources.

If it is £18m then I would also say that is too much, but I do believe he is better than what we have at the moment.

Lets all hope he stays injury free, then I think we will see what a good player he is.

droylsdenblue said:
sam the drummer said:
Hughes - 18m YOU SAID WE WERENT GOING TO BE TAKEN FOR MUGS YOU IDIOT

I shall retract this statement if he plays well and scores many. But currently you have egg on your face.

Cant lose with that comment can you?
Exactly ;)

I would like to know how much we pay upfront and how much is based on apperances etc.
Still seems waaay too much money and makes us look like fools to other clubs

Re: Santa Cruz

BlueMoon93 said:
SSN Breaking News: City agree £18 fee for RSC

A lot of money for a one season wonder :(

It is now up to you to prove me wrong Roque. In fairness to the lad though, he was injured for much of last season and is another downer for him imo.

I agree, as before the season before last, he never scored more than 5 goals. But hughes has bought well before this, so i could be totally wrong and he could be great. Lets hope so.

I hope father christmas won't be the only santa on our minds round christmas.

Re: Santa Cruz

£18 isnt that bad to be fair! If we up our offer to £23 for me i think my sunday league team may have to seriously consider it!

Only jokin hopefully the lad can do the business and prove he's no 1 season wonder

yes its a piss take...that fat headed bastard joke of a manager Allardyce will be laughing his head off!

Marvin said:
alera said:
Well I think he will be a terrible signing. Like Bell end he will miss over half the games through injury next season.

His realworld value is Around £10 miillion IMO given his record and injury history.

We wont get taken seriously with deals like this if its true !
Has to pass the medical first. I hope he does, because a fit Santa Cruz would score more 15 plus goals a season.

You're a bit naieve if you think the fee is £18 Mill, and so what if is? If he reproduces his form at Blackburn it will be a bargain

hope he fails this medical because 18million makes our club look like idiots im really angry at this

212 appearances between Bayern and Blackburn with a return of 54goals.
Not great, but could be a lot worse.
Im not saying im happy with this one, but deffo an improvement on whats currently there.

I think this could work out to be an okay signing, He is something different which we will need in case of a plan B.

He is a quality header of the ball, think most of Blackburn goals that come to mind are headed goals, and when you think back to how many goals we got all season last years with headers then it will definately add something to our play if and when needed.

I think we will still be in for the other two targets, but when the front three will likely to be Robinho, Tevez and Eto'o there isn't a great deal of height in that attack, especially when you think back to Robinhos heading (miss at wigan from 3 yards) and Tevezs (the miss at coms from a yard out when we won season before last) I 'm sure RSC can improve on these.

I know fitness is the worry with this lad, but if we can get him fit for half the season, then Bellamy can play the other half lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.