Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

blueinsa said:
Rammy Blue said:
comfort zone or not does anyone actually think that Hughes is so stupid as to spend up to 18mil on a player like Santa Cruz unless he knows EXACTLY how good the guy is?

Yes to comfort zone and yes to him being stupid imho

i am agreeing with the comfort zone element however i think Santa Cruz is a hell of a player.

my issue, same as with Bellers, is how fit we can keep him.

if RSC plays 30 games next year for us he will bag a sackful.

Re: 18m for Santa Cruz..Breaking News...Fee Agreed.

sam the drummer said:
droylsdenblue said:
sam the drummer said:
Hughes - 18m YOU SAID WE WERENT GOING TO BE TAKEN FOR MUGS YOU IDIOT

I shall retract this statement if he plays well and scores many. But currently you have egg on your face.

Cant lose with that comment can you?
Exactly ;)

I would like to know how much we pay upfront and how much is based on apperances etc.
Still seems waaay too much money and makes us look like fools to other clubs

why are you so worried at the size of the fee? Its not as if we have a tight budget and it affects other deals!

Re: 18m for Santa Cruz..Breaking News...Fee Agreed.

nu774ll said:
and people are thinking Eto'os wage deminds are excessive!!could of put this £18m towards them IMO

and this means either one of ETO'O or TEVEZ wont be coming IMO!! :(

I tend to agree with that. You never know though! But it's likely we'll have a front 3 of Robinho-RSC-Tevez. This has a lot of attributes shared between it: Guile, flair, skill, vision, creativity, finishing (Robbie), strength, height, heading, hold-up play (RSC), trickery, determination, work-rate, passion, technique (Tevez). My main worry is that there is one glaring omission from this combined skill set: Pace. And this is a bit of a concern to me. But it still should be a good front line, and far better than what we've had to put up with in recent years!

onerbag said:
212 appearances between Bayern and Blackburn with a return of 54goals.
Not great, but could be a lot worse.
Im not saying im happy with this one, but deffo an improvement on whats currently there.

Whats the story with the posts count, this time last year i had about 900, went down to about 400 6months ago. Now i just look like a newbie!!

Re: Santa Cruz

Just been checking out his appearances he has only ever managed more than 30 in one season he is played thats pretty poor for a 28 year old. With him Bellamy and Bojinov we have 3 very injury proned centre forwards and just hope this does not cost us at the back end of the season.

Tbf to Sparky he got slated for buying Bellers and I thought he was awesome before he got injured, he's training hard like Ireland over the summer and I believe is one of the best strikers in the PL when fit. At the end of the day, Hughes would only spend this type of money if he knows what he is getting and there is nobody that knows more about RSC's ability than Hughes and himself of course. We needed a target man and he will do for the next year or two but I would have preferred Crouch tbh.

FFS city am so not happy with this one bit, hughes you fuckin idiot 18millllion for someone who has hardley kicked a ball in let say a year, head hits the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.