Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

I'm not exactly jumping for joy at this news but it's obvious that we need a player like him in our team. We've paid over the odds but that was always going to be the case and I think he could be a good signing for us. Hughes knows what he's doing and, if he stays fit, then we've got the target man that we so desperately crave.

Probably means that we won't be signing Eto'o but did anyone ever really think we were? The people who are so annoyed that we've paid a big transfer fee for a player who would love to play for our club are probably the same people that would have been happy to see us pay Eto'o millions of pounds a year.

A striking team of Santa Cruz, Tevez, Bellamy, Bojinov and Caicedo is pretty damn good if you ask me.

Re: Santa Cruz

Let's cut the criticism short now, let's see what the lad can do and see what Hughes gets out of him. Like I said before Hughes knows how to get the best out of him and he did look shit hot under him at Blackburn tbf.

Only last season everyone was saying we really need someone like RSC .. people seem to forget where we were and where were heading now .. to get a player like RSC is good business .. I reckon he will be fit and was just playing up last season as not to get injured further .. he must be fully fit otherwise we wouldn't announce this deal ..

This is a great buy for us and instead of people complaining and saying "hughes out" GET A GRIP AND SUPPORT HIM .. HE HASN'T MADE ONE BAD BUY YET .. so i'll trust him on RSC

We are not in a position yet to get the Eto'o's (is that weird spelling) .. of this world automatically as we can't offer anything other than a project and big money .. so for us to build up a solid team with prem exp is the key to break into the top 4 .. players like RSC will help hugely in getting that ..

Welcome Roque .. prove the doubters wrong ..

Re: Santa Cruz

It's not a signing that instills a sense of confidence in me, I must say. 10 million, maybe: but 18?

I hope to God Hughes knows what he's doing with this money. If not he won't be here by Christmas.

I doubt it's £18million. The media always exagerate our transfer fees. The Spurs poster said it will be about £12million, and with his track record, I'm more inclined to believe him.

I dont think he is any better than Caicedo, Jo or Bojinov to be perfectly honest. At least Jo and Caicedo are fit for selection for most games.

RSC goal scoring record overall is very poor barely 1 in 4 at and he has had really bad problems with injuries throughout his career.

At £10 million he would be a bad signing, £18 million is just beyond a joke.

Not happy with this onme at all. Back to earth with a bump :(

Severely underwhelmed with this signing, I just fear we are going for the safety option who Hughes knows would be a decent signing for a top half team. RSC is not top 4 material by any means. Even without any serious injuries RSC would be worth about 14 million. I just hope Hughes pulls a gem out the bag as with the unlimited amount of money not many of the best managers in Europe would plump for Bellamy and RSC up top.

Have an uneasy feeling about this one, £18mil?! Feels like all this stuff about 'knowing a players value' is waffle. Why didn't we buy him in January, fee's the same? Hate that twat BFS putting one over on us.

But I suppose he will give us something different up front, someone who will get on the end of crosses instead of us going through the middle all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.