Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

liamctid said:
bobmcfc said:
hgblue said:
I despair of City fans sometimes. Have you people even seen him play? The guy is a world class striker. Add him to Gareth Barry, with the possible addition of Lescott and Toure, and we are serious contenders for the top six next season. If we were to get Yaya Toure, Tevez & Eto'o as well, it's top four here we come! Stop whining, chill out, and enjoy the rest of the transfer window. I for one can't wait for the season to start.

world class my ARSE ! You sir are demented. hes good i'll give you that but not world class

I'd rather have him than that ugly twat that plays for United, thats for sure! RSC would fit perfectly into our system.

There's no point arguing it with some of you lot though because its like talking to a wall.

You probably all still believe that Hughes has come to City to bring us down from the inside!

If he was a fit player there would be no complaints. The worry is the history of injury. Not just a one off season. You can guarantee he will probably miss at least 10 games next season.

Cheesy said:
Blues Brother said:
Cheesy said:
Berti, TBH, Bridge (at the moment, though could prove to be OK)

Berti was free so hardly a risk and has been worth his wages for keepimg Bluemoon entertained

Oh I agree with you, I'm just pointing out that not all of Hughes' signings have been good as some people seem to insist ;-)

Berti was just emergancy backup though, he never got him to be a regular, you surely can't count him!

hes better than anything weve got,how many times do we get good balls into the box with nobody to finish good moves off? If this signing had come out of the blue instead of all that shit in January im pretty sure we would view it differently-keep him fit he will score plenty with our attacking football,this club needs 3/4 class strikers and this guy is one of them.

hgblue said:
I despair of City fans sometimes. Have you people even seen him play? The guy is a world class striker. Add him to Gareth Barry, with the possible addition of Lescott and Toure, and we are serious contenders for the top six next season. If we were to get Yaya Toure, Tevez & Eto'o as well, it's top four here we come! Stop whining, chill out, and enjoy the rest of the transfer window. I for one can't wait for the season to start.

That phrase is thrown around way too often.

"World class" can only be applied to a very select few; Robinho, Gerrard, Eto'o etc...

RSC is good player, of course he is...

But a "world class player"?

Don't be ridiculous.

with the signing of RSC, what we will get is a player that will put his all in every game, will cause defenders problems and give them problems in the box at set pieces, not forgetting that if we do sign Tevez and Eto'o as well, we will have options up front depending on the opposition,and this fact also means there is less pressure on RSC to play every game, meaning more chance of him staying fit over the course of the season. what we didn't have last season was oppurtunity to change the way we play during games when what we needed was a physical presence to rattle defenders. Yes he does have a poor injury record, but lets give the lad a chance to prove his fitness and do the business where it matters....out on the pitch, before we write him off as a waste of money!

K.Reeves right foot said:
Just got in from work and seen the SSN banner [not that i switched iton straight away or anything!]
Have to say - It is obvious from the comments on last few pages that some Man City fans [if they really are] will NEVER be happy whatever we do on or off the field.
SSN say 18 mill, so? who cares? It's not your money and SSN do exagerate to suit themselves. I believe it will be much less with additional payment depending upon appearances.
Mark Hughes isn't stupid, he knows this season is the most important in his managerial career, blow it now and he's gone.
RSC is an excellent striker, who can spearhead our attack and head a ball. Caceido for me is nowhere near the grade. Even young p[layers generally have some technical ability which can be worked on, ive not seen it with him. sell him.

My point is....stop bloody moaning your arses off at every opportunity. What weve had opver last 20 years has been shite [poss only Stewart of any quality up front and anelka].....we are now being talked of in the media as serious contenders for a top 4 finish. WHat more do people on here want? Remember Alcock? Harper? et al.........Mansfield Town in a shite cup comp we lost 2-0 in div 2?........
STOP MOANING and atleast let the player have games before you slag him off.....every player is a gamble......Birdatov has flopped, which couldn't have been forseen so there is never a guarantee.

Get Behind Hughes because up to now his transfers have been spot on [Bellamy 50-50]

Most of all - STOP MOANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[there is a diff between constructive criticism which is fine and purely insulting Hughes/RSC/owners]

This

K.Reeves right foot said:
Just got in from work and seen the SSN banner [not that i switched iton straight away or anything!]
Have to say - It is obvious from the comments on last few pages that some Man City fans [if they really are] will NEVER be happy whatever we do on or off the field.
SSN say 18 mill, so? who cares? It's not your money and SSN do exagerate to suit themselves. I believe it will be much less with additional payment depending upon appearances.
Mark Hughes isn't stupid, he knows this season is the most important in his managerial career, blow it now and he's gone.
RSC is an excellent striker, who can spearhead our attack and head a ball. Caceido for me is nowhere near the grade. Even young p[layers generally have some technical ability which can be worked on, ive not seen it with him. sell him.

My point is....stop bloody moaning your arses off at every opportunity. What weve had opver last 20 years has been shite [poss only Stewart of any quality up front and anelka].....we are now being talked of in the media as serious contenders for a top 4 finish. WHat more do people on here want? Remember Alcock? Harper? et al.........Mansfield Town in a shite cup comp we lost 2-0 in div 2?........
STOP MOANING and atleast let the player have games before you slag him off.....every player is a gamble......Birdatov has flopped, which couldn't have been forseen so there is never a guarantee.

Get Behind Hughes because up to now his transfers have been spot on [Bellamy 50-50]

Most of all - STOP MOANING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[there is a diff between constructive criticism which is fine and purely insulting Hughes/RSC/owners]

a massive THIS^^^^

bluemoon1078 said:
Hughesey212 said:
i hope people are not serious about Caicedo and Jo are better than this guy, he scored 19 goals last season and 5 this season and hardly played, do you really think them 2 clowns will score more than him?

Also cast your mind back to last December he dominated Micah and Dunne scored 2 great headers and this was when we had a solid defence.

I know he has his injuries but if he can stay fit he gives and option we dont have and could out to be a great buy so get behind him!

That's all well and good, but is he any good on fifa because that's how we judge players on Bluemoon :)
think his overall is 83, its ok.

tevez=89, eto'o=88, bary=85, lescott=82, g johnson=76!?!?!?!

yeah im not sad.

Re: Santa Cruz

Good signing, he's the best player for our attack to function, if teams defend deep against us, it would be foolish as Santa Cruz is so good in the air, yet if they push up we can split them open with the pace of SWP and Robinho. If we can get both him and Tevez, I'll be delighted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.