Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

citizens_1976 said:
Good signing. A goalscorer and proven in the premier league. If he can keep fit throughout the season we have a great deal.

Don't slag him off until we have watched in blue. There is nothing to slag off about his ability, he isn't average he is a very very good striker. The only thing we can slag him off for is being on that bloody sickbed all the time.

Well said mate, RSC will be a great player for us.

I'm going to be honest a say i'm not sure about the RSC signing, however I do trust MH and imo he has not made a bad signing yet. He signs players he knows he can work with and who will work for the team. Perhaps as part of an improved and larger squad, both RSC and Bellamy would not have injury troubles because we would finally have the luxury of being able to rest players when the fixtures are busy. Imagine that!

Plus i'm not sure it would be fair to judge any player when he's been playing for an underperforming Blackburn all season. If i played for Blackburn i'd have wanted to spend the season in the physio's room as well lol

I don't judge any signing until i've seen them play in the Blue shirt. I hope he scores a hat trick on his debut to shut up some if the idiots slagging off the guy!!

Good luck to him.

bluemoonchick said:
I'm going to be honest a say i'm not sure about the RSC signing, however I do trust MH and imo he has not made a bad signing yet. He signs players he knows he can work with and who will work for the team. Perhaps as part of an improved and larger squad, both RSC and Bellamy would not have injury troubles because we would finally have the luxury of people able to rest players when the fixtures are busy. Imagine that!

Plus i'm not sure it would be fair to judge any player when he's been playing for an underperforming Blackburn all season. If i played for Blackburn i'd have wanted to spend the season in the physio's room as well lol

I don't judge any signing until i've seen them play in the Blue shirt. I hope he scores a hat trick on his debut to shut up some if the idiots slagging off the guy!!

Good luck to him.

pmsl

Slightly off topic, I am reffing the Bluemoon match on 18th July, I think I am going to be a busy guy considering the bickering and bitching that is going on amongst certain blues on here.

I think my yellow and Blue (don't do red!) cards are going to be in and out of my pocket more than my credit card when on a shopping trip with the missus!

I dont know about a 20 a side game, it may well turn out to be more like a 5-a-side game ;)

I think the fee is too high even at £15M wouldn't have offered more than £12M if I was in charge of the bid. However he is exactly what we need. Very good at holding the ball up with feet and good in the air. Very good at bringing others into he game. He's not exactly a speed merchant but he's no slouch. He's also a good finisher with both head and feet. I'll be cheering him on like I do everyone else who pulls the sky blue on.

Good signing and agree with the majority on here that some of our fans are being lead by the fantasy football idea. The truth is we are building a squad that can be sustained and taken forward. RSC might not be the signing we all crave but the fact is that he will do the business for us. We are not stupid as a club and RSC will have an extremely thorough medical before anything is signed. If anything is picked up within the medical that could be serious in the future then we will walk away, its as simple as that. If he does pass the medical and sign on the dotted line and does get injured during the season, then he has the backing of one of the best medical teams in the premier league. The amount of times they have worked wonders on our players last season was unbelievable i.e Hart expected to be out for a month with a foot injury but was playing the week after.

C'mon Blues, RSC will do the business for us! Im ashamed that he is getting abuse from some quarters already and he hasnt even kicked a ball yet

Think Hughes could of got him cheaper if he let this transfer drag on through the summer, but hughes wants his squad assembled asap in order to start planning for our assult on the top 4 next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.