Roque Santa Cruz

Well that didn't take long!

Just out of interest why is it worth so much money to people that a player doesn't slag the club off?

Say you employed the world's best painter to decorate your house and you agreed to pay him £23 million.

He then he fell off his ladder and didn't turn up for months. When he did turn up he he did very little but wander about. After four years you decide to look elsewhere but you agreed to pay him £23 million and you are as good as your word.

Your mate comes round and says "I think you've been ripped off there" and you answer "It wasn't his fault, I agreed to pay him and he fell off his ladder" your mate says "but when he was here he just made a mess"

"ahhh" you say "but he never called me a twat"

Phuket Blue said:
baildon blue said:
Roque santa cruz hasnt fallen out with city like adebayor so respect to him 4 that .But the lad hasnt gone out of is way make himself a better player.

Pretty tough to do from the treatment table to be fair!
HE hasnt been injured all the time.

baildon blue said:
Phuket Blue said:
baildon blue said:
Roque santa cruz hasnt fallen out with city like adebayor so respect to him 4 that .But the lad hasnt gone out of is way make himself a better player.

Exactly. The transfer fee was our fault. The wages were our fault. The injuries were always going to be there but when he played for us he was bloody awful and for that we don't owe him anything.

I don't wish him ill or well. I turn my back on him in a Mighty Boosh Way.

These comparisons to regular jobs don't work. Sure, I would love to be paid loads to do nothing. But my company isn't going to hire someone to do my job whilst still paying me. I wouldn't take a pay cut to work elsewhere either. But I then again I don't like my job.

I imagine these guys like playing football. I think if I was a pro I could handle earning 50k a week less than my 120k or whatever if it meant I could play again.

Cobwebcat said:
baildon blue said:
Phuket Blue said:

Exactly. The transfer fee was our fault. The wages were our fault. The injuries were always going to be there but when he played for us he was bloody awful and for that we don't owe him anything.

I don't wish him ill or well. I turn my back on him in a Mighty Boosh Way.
Ive looked at his scoring record when it was at bayern munich and 4 a target man it was poor .

super_city_si said:
These comparisons to regular jobs don't work. Sure, I would love to be paid loads to do nothing. But my company isn't going to hire someone to do my job whilst still paying me. I wouldn't take a pay cut to work elsewhere either. But I then again I don't like my job.

I imagine these guys like playing football. I think if I was a pro I could handle earning 50k a week less than my 120k or whatever if it meant I could play again.

maybe when you're 20 years old and have potential to earn the bigger sum again sometimes. Hardly if you're 28 and won't make such contract again.

We will find a new home for him before August 31.

Real Betis are keen to have him on a permanent basis by all accounts but naturally we will have to take a massive hit on him and like Ade he will have to have his own take home pay cut to a great degree but somehow I reckon his misses won't dump him as a result and thats probably all that matters for him.

No way can any side on this planet perhaps a Saudi , Chinese or Russian side aside afford to pay him what we did and on the chance that some of the European sides can there is no chance of them offering him that wage in taking him on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.