Ross Barkley

Give Rodwell to Everton in return for a cast iron agreement re Barkley next summer.

Twitter rumours today are that Barkley has agreed a new and improved contract extension to keep him at Everton for the next 5years....

Matt Cheetham ‏@Matt_Cheetham 3m
The Everton announcement is a new contract for Ross Barkley.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Twitter rumours today are that Barkley has agreed a new and improved contract extension to keep him at Everton for the next 5years....

Matt Cheetham ‏@Matt_Cheetham 3m
The Everton announcement is a new contract for Ross Barkley.

It may well be but that doesn't mean much except if he is sold next summer Everton will get a decent fee for him. Which would have been unlikely if he was going into the last year of his contract.

No way he would have cost 35-40m next summer with 12 months on his contract...
When about 6 months later he could talk to clubs maybe about moving for free.

Now if he signs new Everton contract its little bit similar to our Fernando deal who signed a new contract in January to cost us 12m instead of zero in return Porto played him regularly.

pudge said:
I can see him signing a new contract soon to preserve a big fee for Everton but, with all due respect to Everton, it's fair to assume he will move on at some point in the near future.

Don't imagine it will be this summer though. He's shown he's got all the potential in the world and I think another season of regular football would be best for him as he is still very young and in no real rush.
Apologies for quoting myself but best decision for him imo.

Can't imagine many thought we could or would sign Barkley this summer.

There may have been some groundwork so to speak but was never feasible this summer.

Well he'll be gone somewhere by 2015/2016 that's for sure if this contract is signed... if he maintains his standards and improves I'm sure many of the big clubs will be grabbing him, just like what happened with Evertons other wonderkid from yesteryear Mr Wooney.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
This will be his last season at Everton, hope we get him next summer.
The best young player in the Premiership

Probably the best decision for him to stay at Everton, but as you suggest they'll need to break the top 4 this season to give him the platform he needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.