Ross Barkley

Could go either way for him imo. He could very well go on to have an incredible season and be snapped up next year. Or, he could be poor and miss his chance at the big time.

Hopefully it's not the latter.

lets hope somebody at the club been working behind closed doors and have put a offer in to be first in the queue for him I remember united having a deal for rooney I was told united paid something to everton for to sign for united

ancoats said:
lets hope somebody at the club been working behind closed doors and have put a offer in to be first in the queue for him I remember united having a deal for rooney I was told united paid something to everton for to sign for united

I think united paid Paul Stretford millions to ensure Rooney didn't sign for anyone else. If I recall Newcastle actually outbid United but there was never any chance of Rooney going to Newcastle.

nmc said:
ancoats said:

I think united paid Paul Stretford millions to ensure Rooney didn't sign for anyone else. If I recall Newcastle actually outbid United but there was never any chance of Rooney going to Newcastle.

Yep that's how you get top players, through the players agent not the there football club agents are the ones who tell the player where they are going..

According to the media, yesterday Chelsea was asking £30mil for Lukako, Barkley signe a new contract. Ttoday Everton is about to sign Lukaku on a permanent deal.

My guess is Barkley to Chelsea next season is definite, part of the deal in some way for Lukako.

Matt the Giant said:
According to the media, yesterday Chelsea was asking £30mil for Lukako, Barkley signe a new contract. Ttoday Everton is about to sign Lukaku on a permanent deal.

My guess is Barkley to Chelsea next season is definite, part of the deal in some way for Lukako.

Who?

Matt the Giant said:

Or Chelsea wanted to sell Lukaku for the right price but no team was willing to pay £30m, in the end Everton reached an agreement at £25m.

Everton know without a player proven and with the quality and even potential of Lukaku they are going to struggle to match what they did last season let alone better it, they have £27m from the Fellaini sale and they have already replaced Fellaini with Barkley.

If Lukaku carries on improving Everton will make a profit on him so it maybe an expensive investment but I think it's worth it, I think he is the top under 20 goalscorer in Premier League history so the lad is a talent.

I think Everton know they have a potential £30-£40m asset in Barkley as well so financially I think they will be sound.

Everton will have seen what Shaw and Lallana went for this summer and will view that in time they could have a huge bidding war for Barkley, they won't just hand over a first refusal to Chelsea in my opinion, if Barkley has a better season this season his fee could get ridiculous.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Everton taking top 4 seriously, good on them.

How? So far they signed Barry, Lukaku, so basically have the same team like last year, no improvement yet. They need to seriously improve their squad if they want to break into top4.

I think they should really not care about the league (but still finish 7-8. position) and go all out in EL as EL winner gets a CL place. Martinez maybe can build a good EL run with Everton and if he gets very close to the final they might win it too.:)

Certainly for them winning the EL or 4th place is the only option for CL and I think winning the EL is less hard. But they dont have a deep squad to deal with multiple front fight especially with Thursday night games to play.
(Gorup stage shouldnt be a problem for them but after that it gets serious as some European teams will also be really motivated in the EL this season.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.