Ross Barkley

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Blue2112 said:
Signing Barkley for anything like 30-50m just does'nt fill me with joy.

Is he really that good? It just seems every season there's a new English wonderkid on the block (granted most of them usually from over the road) and yet none of them ever seem to hit the heights they're early promise shown.

Barkley's the most talented English player to come along since fat boy at the swamp. We also need to keep things in some kind of perspective. We've just paid 35 million for a 23 year old centre half who has played in the Portugese league and was kept out of the French national team by Sakho.

I trust our scouting team. If Pellegrini wants the player because he thinks the player is good enough - the price is up to the money men.

Yup, that's how it looks and until I see something to make me think different, this kid has to be a priority for us. The regulations necessitate us having more English players and we should be getting the best available.

Our problem is we need to get homegrown players in and buying homegrown players who are not good enough is pointless and a false economy. The pool of homegrown players that are good enough is very small, I would say less than 10. We have to accept we are going to have to pay well over the top for them. Hopefully in the next few years the academy will produce our own and we will be in a better bargaining position.

Mister Appointment said:
stony said:
Just heard Everton mouthpiece Andy Gray on talkshite and it sounds very much like he's smoothing the way for Barkley's transfer to City.

What did he say?

Ross won't knock on the managers door asking to leave but Everton have to be pragmatic and funds need to be found for the new stadium. If Manchester City wanted him then Everton may have to sell.
Something along those lines anyway. He specifically mentioned us, and mentioned Everton need money for the new stadium. It sounded very much like he'd been briefed by the club.

stony said:
Mister Appointment said:
stony said:
Just heard Everton mouthpiece Andy Gray on talkshite and it sounds very much like he's smoothing the way for Barkley's transfer to City.

What did he say?

Ross won't knock on the managers door asking to leave but Everton have to be pragmatic and funds need to be found for the new stadium. If Manchester City wanted him then Everton may have to sell.
Something along those lines anyway. He specifically mentioned us, and mentioned Everton need money for the new stadium. It sounded very much like he'd been briefed by the club.

Crikey. Poor Evertonians must be in absolute bits.

stony said:
Mister Appointment said:
stony said:

What did he say?

Player in new contract not meaning he's committing long term future to the club shocker.

Andy grey has been the presenter on bein sports along with Richard keys... Tbf... He is generally in favor of city in most of his analysis ... Richard keys... The less said the better

40m is par for the course for a player like Barkley and if we have an opportunity to sign him then we have to try, also he fits Soriano and Begiristan's blueprint of fairly modest wages with high sell on value as he wont command the 200k a week of Yaya and can play in a number of positions.

tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
Do you reckon Milner will sign a new contract though he apparently said he wants to play more? After his performance at the weekend I hope he stays in the the team for hull if he doesn't he will think whats the point putting in a MOTM performance and then get dropped..

Nothing has changed, it's just been brought into sharper focus because Jimmy is playing so well.

The deal is there for him, all he has to do is agree.

He's certainly putting himself in the shop window with his performances, but the by-product of that is Pellegrini has to keep picking him, which is all the lad wants.

I'm more optimistic than I was a couple months ago.

The overriding message from City is that it will be a couple more years before the homegrown starts flying off the production line.

It's the reason we want Jay Rodriguez and Barkley. And why I think we will go the extra yard for both Milner and Hart.

am i missing something here? doesn't seem that good to me, i'm all for english talent but they have to be good enough in the first place

Mate this kid has the lot, you are missing something!!

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Nothing has changed, it's just been brought into sharper focus because Jimmy is playing so well.

The deal is there for him, all he has to do is agree.

He's certainly putting himself in the shop window with his performances, but the by-product of that is Pellegrini has to keep picking him, which is all the lad wants.

I'm more optimistic than I was a couple months ago.

The overriding message from City is that it will be a couple more years before the homegrown starts flying off the production line.

It's the reason we want Jay Rodriguez and Barkley. And why I think we will go the extra yard for both Milner and Hart.

am i missing something here? doesn't seem that good to me, i'm all for english talent but they have to be good enough in the first place

Mate this kid has the lot, you are missing something!!
Not convinced he can cut it at the highest level, which is the CL, yes he won't be the 1st choice but still rotation is needed, suspensions, injuries etc. Talking about Rodriguez here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.