Ross Barkley

I think the way Real's current politics are, they won't stand for an up and coming coach, but rather someone that is proven on the largest of stages. Not that there's many of those targets left that they already haven't chewed up and spit out, mind.

Would be a really good signing in my opinion. The £50m price tag is clearly there to put off any potential suitors and to negotiate as high a price as possible, but something closer to £30m would be a decent deal for all concerned. A long-term successor to Yaya and an Englishman to boot with his best days well ahead of him, would suggest he fits the bill on many fronts.

he will be the next Rooney ( i know he playing in different position), and will carry England national team for the next decade. if the rags willing to pay 25M pounds 10 years ago (imagine his value with today's inflation, easily reach 50M), and then 30M price tag for Barkley is nothing nowadays.

I've not watched Barkley enough to know but can he playmake from CM like Yaya can? If not do you think he could develop the ability to do so?

I think most would agree Pogba is slightly ahead but I think he would cost a huge amount more and also doesn't have the sort of mentality I would like in our squad. I think he would be off to PSG/Madrid at the first chance he could get if they offer him silly wages. He also has a very petulant streak to him which I would prefer not to have in our squad. Saying all that he is still young so could change.

Barkley seems like he has a good attitude and is English too. He is potentially the future star of English football and it would be a great if he was our player, both on and off the pitch. Yes he will cost a lot but if he is a starter for the next 10 years, its money well spent in my eyes. The main issue is he seems to get injured often.

Fast, explosive, super-talented and homegrown .... exactly what we need .... Cut our losses with Yaya if PSG are prepared to pay silly money for him in jan and get Barkley in .....

Would love to see him at City as Yaya's long term replacement. I think he could play that number 10 role ahead of, for now Fernando and Fernandinho... potentially Pogba could replace Fernandinho, though that's a bit Football Manager and not sure how realistic it is. He reminds me so much of Gascoigne - always moving, always looking for the ball and similarly to Lampard, always knows who is around him and where his teammates are. The difference is that Barkley has the pace and strength to invite opposition players to try and make the tackle before using his skill to get past them and his strength and pace to push forward.

As many have said, he is by far the shining light for the future of English football, and whilst he hasn't proven himself consistently unlike Sterling has - I think Barkley could dominate and influence a game more easily than Sterling could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.