Ross Barkley

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I took plenty of crap about this during the summer.

The reason every paper has it is because it's come from City after the game on Sunday, we are applying the pressure now and will take him in January if we can.

He wants to come to City, he signed a new contract but he insisted on a buy-out clause.

I don't know what the price is but it's not £50m.

City also briefed about the Milner and Hart deals and us moving in to the training ground in three weeks.

Thanks, but do we have to gain from this by telling all the media our interest in the player? Aside from them running some inevitable HANDS OFF articles in the next week or so when Martinez or Kenwright is asked the question? Maybe because it is this regime's first big-time Premier League target, but it seems quite different from how we've conducted all of our foreign transfer business under Txiki and Soriano.

No bid yet according to Martinez, but he didn't seem to completely rule it out either:

When asked if Everton have recieved any bids for Barkley, Martinez replied: "No. There's nothing to comment on from my point of view, it's a rumour and we'll leave it there."

Have a lot of time for Martinez, seems the kind of person our executives would look for in a potential manager, when MP moves on.

Maybe that's why he's not fighting the inevitable transfer :)

Andouble said:
Have a lot of time for Martinez, seems the kind of person our executives would look for in a potential manager, when MP moves on.

If he doesn't get poached before time arrives for Pellegrini to seek new pastures.....then i'm sure Martinez will be on a shortlist(hopefully along with Simeone)

If it did happen,i wouldn't be averse to him bringing Stones either.

blueparrot said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Barkley's the most talented English player to come along since fat boy at the swamp. We also need to keep things in some kind of perspective. We've just paid 35 million for a 23 year old centre half who has played in the Portugese league and was kept out of the French national team by Sakho.

I trust our scouting team. If Pellegrini wants the player because he thinks the player is good enough - the price is up to the money men.

Yup, that's how it looks and until I see something to make me think different, this kid has to be a priority for us. The regulations necessitate us having more English players and we should be getting the best available.

Our problem is we need to get homegrown players in and buying homegrown players who are not good enough is pointless and a false economy. The pool of homegrown players that are good enough is very small, I would say less than 10. We have to accept we are going to have to pay well over the top for them. Hopefully in the next few years the academy will produce our own and we will be in a better bargaining position.

This is the situation in a nutshell.

Him and Sterling would satisfy the HG issue until the likes of Lopes,Barker,Pozo and Angelinio started knocking on the door.

Although the pair would cost a small fortune,i think with what we already have in the pot and future available funds,we could hopefully cover it.

unless anyones directly talked to barkley how would they know he wants to leave everton ?? he's said so many times he wants to stay and I personally can't see him leaving everton for a few years, why would he ?. First team action, manager who trusts him and the club he supports

Andouble said:

He's destined for RM, in my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.