Ross Barkley

I remember half this board saying Bale wasn't worth £40 million and that was 11/12 season.

If we don't buy him then another top side will.

ManCityX said:
I remember half this board saying Bale wasn't worth £40 million and that was 11/12 season.

Correct,we should tap him up,they still owe us for their disgraceful embarrassing reaction towards the Lescott purchase.

the price will have to come down,as his agent will not be happy about being priced out of the market,

ManCityX said:

Spot on mate. Totally agree.

I'd also say the same about Sterling. People comparing him to SWP are off the rockers. I loved SWP but Sterling is a class above him as a footballer.

Personally I think City's business next summer should be built around signing both these lads.

Mister Appointment said:
ManCityX said:

Spot on mate. Totally agree.

I'd also say the same about Sterling. People comparing him to SWP are off the rockers. I loved SWP but Sterling is a class above him as a footballer.

Personally I think City's business next summer should be built around signing both these lads.

I still have question marks over both Barkley and Sterling - moreso the latter - but I do think City should make both of them priorities for next summer because we need to have some of the best young English players in our squad, due to the homegrown rules, and these two have potential and display the kinds of attributes for where we need to go in terms of shaping the squad.

Thought sterling was the bees knees now I'm not so sure all he has is pace and an eye for goal, if has a poor season this year and he doesn't pick up next season that's another over hyped English players to the List!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not true? I had colleagues in the room.

The briefing was off the record and was in response to the reports which City had leaked the week previous about the summer bid.

He told us that it would take closer to £40m for this deal to happen (The club's valuation/not his)

Funnily enough, the local press pack didn't feel it was worth risking their livelihoods to leg over a manager they have a lot of time for, and are dependent on a day-to-day relationship.

You state people know nothing about Barkley and then have the brass neck to comment on City's finances, when anybody with a modicum of knowledge already knows the next set of figures are break even.

Oh you did, did you? Did you also have a meeting with JFK today?

Come on lad. Don't even try it. As I have already said, the fact that there hasn't been one single story about it in any news source is proof enough that it isn't true.

The "local press" didn't want to release this story, yet they each told a few close friends, all the while knowing that it'd spread and everyone would hear about it. Also, they've released thousands of other ones about other figures who generate a lot more interest and views for them, risking their relationships with those people. The press is a vulture and it will pick apart anything it can get its beak on. No, this just didn't happen at all.

City break even - £60m for Barkley = not breaking even = failing FFP again. This doesn't even take into account further expenditure on other players which, given your CL performances this season, seems to be a given. Regardless, this isn't a City finances thread, this is a Barkley thread, so I'll drop that part here.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
First of all, Ignore the Everton fan, He seems to be living in a lovey,dovey world where people are loyal and playing for your boyhood club is the be all and end all, In reality, Barkley probably already knows he is leaving, Where is still his only question, Having said that we would have to butter up Everton because any chance of Barkley handing in a transfer request is slim what with how crazy and psychopathic football fans can be down that part of the country.

You seem to be newer to this forum than I am. I came to this thread just to share a few things that I know (and I genuinely mean "know", none of this "Barkley is probably leaving" crap) about the Barkley situation. You don't have to (in the third person) act as though I am deluded. Also, handing in a transfer request does not mean a player is gone. Ross may well hand one in eventually but that doesn't mean it'll be accepted instantly (see Modric, Suarez etc.)

The rest of what you said about Reus and holding the cards made no sense at all. Everton don't need to sell. Everton don't need Man City.

ArdwickBlue said:
But you're on an MCFC forum and you're an expert on who or what we can spend due to FFP.

Do you realise how stupid and precious you sound.

Barkley will leave your club, you can bank on that.

I did talk about Everton initially but felt it to be inappropriate on a City forum. I can stop talking about City if that's how you guys roll around here.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Barkley loves Everton like we love City, he'll only leave if Everton make him because they have been offered stupid money. Like a SWP to Chelsea situation. For what it's worth, he has a lot of potential but he is absolutely nowhere near the finished article, gives the ball away all the time and his injury record is ridiculous. I'd question the sanity of our executives if we pay any more than £30 million.

Much rather we go for a Koke, Max Meyer or Youri Tielemans. Koke in particular is the dogs bollocks. I'd say Pogba but he has Madrid written all over him.

This is almost entirely true, apart from what you've said about his injury record. His injuries aren't because he's injury prone but because he receives some horrible challenges.

ManCityX said:
You ALWAYS sell though. You put a firm front on but it's gone within a month and the player is sold.

Just to confirm a few things about City. City have made a profit for season 13/14 and that is after spending £100 million on the likes of Negredo and Fernandinho. Once the restrictions are lifted in the summer we can spend big.

I'm not saying Barkley will go to City but you're naive to think he won't be sold in the next year or so. Probably for around £40 million.

Everton no longer need to sell. That was the case last season. That's even more true this season.

Don't believe your finances have been released yet mate, so I don't know how you can state that City have made a profit.

You final sentence is an assumption. The word "probably" just sums up your knowledge on the subject perfectly. He isn't going for £40m.

kenzie115 said:
I understand your stance because you don't want to believe the truth, and to some extents I wish it wasn't true, but sooner or later, if Barkley fulfils his potential, he's going to want to be playing regular Champions League football and have a chance of winning major honours. With football the way it is (this is the bit I don't like) there are only a few clubs who can guarantee these things, and so Ross is going to move on. The difference with Gerrard was that Liverpool could offer him what Everton can't offer Barkley.

With Ross wanting to move Everton lose some of their power. He's on a long contract, so they're still in a good position to ask for good money, but if they refuse to let him go for a reasonable amount he'll start to kick up a fuss. This could result in him running his contract down, but that would obviously take a while and would suit no party as Everton would end up with less money and an unhappy player and the buying club would have to wait. The more likely result is that he'll be sold for around £30-£40m.

You might not like it, but that's just the way the game works at the moment. As City fans we're lucky that Sheikh Mansour came in, but I can empathise with fans that don't have wealthy backers and realise it's a bit shit.

Patronising, condescending, ad infinitum. This is a Man City forum and I'll respect its rules but if a person doesn't like a City fan, this is the reason why. You run into money and become quite snobby. The rest of your post is, like I have said earlier, assumptions with no actual facts.

Mister Appointment said:
Haha. Love it. Love the clueless Evertonian, definitely one of the rejects who posts on Grand Old Team.

They've got some proper FFP/MCFC experts over there from what I've seen. They know all about how we're fucked and how we can't spend any money anymore and how Barkley's never going to leave them because he loves them. Oh he really loves them.

Back on planet earth he'll end up moving to City for around 40 million IMO. Maybe a bit more if we decide to move for him in Jan but i think that's unlikely.

Not on GOT. The mods are like the NKVD in terms of restriction of speech.

These posts are getting a little long, but I wouldn't want people to feel left out! G'night folks.

efcblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not true? I had colleagues in the room.

The briefing was off the record and was in response to the reports which City had leaked the week previous about the summer bid.

He told us that it would take closer to £40m for this deal to happen (The club's valuation/not his)

Funnily enough, the local press pack didn't feel it was worth risking their livelihoods to leg over a manager they have a lot of time for, and are dependent on a day-to-day relationship.

You state people know nothing about Barkley and then have the brass neck to comment on City's finances, when anybody with a modicum of knowledge already knows the next set of figures are break even.

Oh you did, did you? Did you also have a meeting with JFK today?

Come on lad. Don't even try it. As I have already said, the fact that there hasn't been one single story about it in any news source is proof enough that it isn't true.

The "local press" didn't want to release this story, yet they each told a few close friends, all the while knowing that it'd spread and everyone would hear about it. Also, they've released thousands of other ones about other figures who generate a lot more interest and views for them, risking their relationships with those people. The press is a vulture and it will pick apart anything it can get its beak on. No, this just didn't happen at all.

City break even - £60m for Barkley = not breaking even = failing FFP again. This doesn't even take into account further expenditure on other players which, given your CL performances this season, seems to be a given. Regardless, this isn't a City finances thread, this is a Barkley thread, so I'll drop that part here.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
First of all, Ignore the Everton fan, He seems to be living in a lovey,dovey world where people are loyal and playing for your boyhood club is the be all and end all, In reality, Barkley probably already knows he is leaving, Where is still his only question, Having said that we would have to butter up Everton because any chance of Barkley handing in a transfer request is slim what with how crazy and psychopathic football fans can be down that part of the country.

You seem to be newer to this forum than I am. I came to this thread just to share a few things that I know (and I genuinely mean "know", none of this "Barkley is probably leaving" crap) about the Barkley situation. You don't have to (in the third person) act as though I am deluded. Also, handing in a transfer request does not mean a player is gone. Ross may well hand one in eventually but that doesn't mean it'll be accepted instantly (see Modric, Suarez etc.)

The rest of what you said about Reus and holding the cards made no sense at all. Everton don't need to sell. Everton don't need Man City.

ArdwickBlue said:
But you're on an MCFC forum and you're an expert on who or what we can spend due to FFP.

Do you realise how stupid and precious you sound.

Barkley will leave your club, you can bank on that.

I did talk about Everton initially but felt it to be inappropriate on a City forum. I can stop talking about City if that's how you guys roll around here.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Barkley loves Everton like we love City, he'll only leave if Everton make him because they have been offered stupid money. Like a SWP to Chelsea situation. For what it's worth, he has a lot of potential but he is absolutely nowhere near the finished article, gives the ball away all the time and his injury record is ridiculous. I'd question the sanity of our executives if we pay any more than £30 million.

Much rather we go for a Koke, Max Meyer or Youri Tielemans. Koke in particular is the dogs bollocks. I'd say Pogba but he has Madrid written all over him.

This is almost entirely true, apart from what you've said about his injury record. His injuries aren't because he's injury prone but because he receives some horrible challenges.

ManCityX said:
You ALWAYS sell though. You put a firm front on but it's gone within a month and the player is sold.

Just to confirm a few things about City. City have made a profit for season 13/14 and that is after spending £100 million on the likes of Negredo and Fernandinho. Once the restrictions are lifted in the summer we can spend big.

I'm not saying Barkley will go to City but you're naive to think he won't be sold in the next year or so. Probably for around £40 million.

Everton no longer need to sell. That was the case last season. That's even more true this season.

Don't believe your finances have been released yet mate, so I don't know how you can state that City have made a profit.

You final sentence is an assumption. The word "probably" just sums up your knowledge on the subject perfectly. He isn't going for £40m.

kenzie115 said:
I understand your stance because you don't want to believe the truth, and to some extents I wish it wasn't true, but sooner or later, if Barkley fulfils his potential, he's going to want to be playing regular Champions League football and have a chance of winning major honours. With football the way it is (this is the bit I don't like) there are only a few clubs who can guarantee these things, and so Ross is going to move on. The difference with Gerrard was that Liverpool could offer him what Everton can't offer Barkley.

With Ross wanting to move Everton lose some of their power. He's on a long contract, so they're still in a good position to ask for good money, but if they refuse to let him go for a reasonable amount he'll start to kick up a fuss. This could result in him running his contract down, but that would obviously take a while and would suit no party as Everton would end up with less money and an unhappy player and the buying club would have to wait. The more likely result is that he'll be sold for around £30-£40m.

You might not like it, but that's just the way the game works at the moment. As City fans we're lucky that Sheikh Mansour came in, but I can empathise with fans that don't have wealthy backers and realise it's a bit shit.

Patronising, condescending, ad infinitum. This is a Man City forum and I'll respect its rules but if a person doesn't like a City fan, this is the reason why. You run into money and become quite snobby. The rest of your post is, like I have said earlier, assumptions with no actual facts.

Mister Appointment said:
Haha. Love it. Love the clueless Evertonian, definitely one of the rejects who posts on Grand Old Team.

They've got some proper FFP/MCFC experts over there from what I've seen. They know all about how we're fucked and how we can't spend any money anymore and how Barkley's never going to leave them because he loves them. Oh he really loves them.

Back on planet earth he'll end up moving to City for around 40 million IMO. Maybe a bit more if we decide to move for him in Jan but i think that's unlikely.

Not on GOT. The mods are like the NKVD in terms of restriction of speech.

These posts are getting a little long, but I wouldn't want people to feel left out! G'night folks.

comment_MkaHvFrT2Kgm8LpRnafXHcVkZhMfC3ic.gif

If Everton don't need City then why the f-ck are you on here? Go troll red and white kop or go find your vcr from the shed and insert the match of the day highlights video from the 1999 Merseyside Derby game where Kevin Campbell scored to land you a smash and grab win over Liverpool, Only reason I mention that is because I've had two kids since then, I have generated a love for Cricket and have been to Australia, Thailand and the USA in that space of time, Whilst you lot have still not beaten Liverpool since then.

If you're going to come onto our website, Show us some respect, I go onto the Chelsea website, Rag website and give em their due respect, Otherwise you're just a troll in my book.

efcblue said:
kenzie115 said:

I don't mind the rest of your stuff, but the post by Kenzie isn't patronising or condescending, it's just the truth about football, and has been for some time. If you can't see that, then you're a tit (and Kenzie actually posted it in a non arrogant way).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.