Ross Barkley

Thenumber1blue said:
Ala Rodwell ,you see everyone Everton has signed have made it !

4 or 5 levels better than Rodwell, might have a similar injury record but he will be miles miles better than Rodwell could of ever been who is what 24? and can hardly get a game at Sunderland ffs

How much money will we realistically have available to spend this summer? £100 million + sales? or less? and what will our approach be? Marquee signings only and therefore only 2/3 signings or a slight re jig of the squad with 1 marquee signing and 4/5 younger more talented players?

Outgoings for the summer, Toure, Clichy, Navas and possibly Jovetic? Which would bring in around £45 million, So that would leave £145 to spend.

If we went down the marquee signings route, Reus, Barkley, Koke/Isco, This would be a get the cigars out kind of summer if this happened.

If we went down the re jig of the squad route with only 1 marquee signing, Reus/Barkley, Christoph Kramer, Sigurdsson**, Draxler, Depay , Luiz Adriano, I wouldn't be against going down this route also, We definitely will be buying a player from the Bundesliga, As with the Germans being World Champions and us needing some sort of representative or marketing head in that part of the world. Depay is class and would be given the time to adjust to life so no pressure on his young shoulders, Sigurdsson is with an asterisk because clearly he isn't highly rated enough as evidenced on here yet for us to be dead certain on making a move for him but I get the vibe if he keeps his form up, Either us or the rags will be going in for him this summer and Luiz Adriano would be bought if Jovetic was sold and his physicality would give us a sort of Negredo presence again up top, Plus his pal Fernandinho is already here so might help in the deal.

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
How much money will we realistically have available to spend this summer? £100 million + sales? or less? and what will our approach be? Marquee signings only and therefore only 2/3 signings or a slight re jig of the squad with 1 marquee signing and 4/5 younger more talented players?

Outgoings for the summer, Toure, Clichy, Navas and possibly Jovetic? Which would bring in around £45 million, So that would leave £145 to spend.

If we went down the marquee signings route, Reus, Barkley, Koke/Isco, This would be a get the cigars out kind of summer if this happened.

If we went down the re jig of the squad route with only 1 marquee signing, Reus/Barkley, Christoph Kramer, Sigurdsson**, Draxler, Depay , Luiz Adriano, I wouldn't be against going down this route also, We definitely will be buying a player from the Bundesliga, As with the Germans being World Champions and us needing some sort of representative or marketing head in that part of the world. Depay is class and would be given the time to adjust to life so no pressure on his young shoulders, Sigurdsson is with an asterisk because clearly he isn't highly rated enough as evidenced on here yet for us to be dead certain on making a move for him but I get the vibe if he keeps his form up, Either us or the rags will be going in for him this summer and Luiz Adriano would be bought if Jovetic was sold and his physicality would give us a sort of Negredo presence again up top, Plus his pal Fernandinho is already here so might help in the deal.

If it was based simply on Revenue minus the Wage Bill I'd estimate being able to spend around 150m net (so long as the wage bill didn't increase as a result of the signings)
Based on an estimated revenue for May 15 - May 16 being around 350m and Wages being around 200m

This isn't exact as FFP amortises the fees and, of course, I'm just guessing what our revenue will be. For May 13 - May 14 our revenue is supposed to be around £320-330m according to Soriano himself back in February so my 15-16 estimate may well be too conservative.

michael1991 said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Ala Rodwell ,you see everyone Everton has signed have made it !

4 or 5 levels better than Rodwell, might have a similar injury record but he will be miles miles better than Rodwell could of ever been who is what 24? and can hardly get a game at Sunderland ffs
It's not what I meant ,just a response to the evertonian talking shit.I said well over a year ago we need to make an attempt to sign him,could be the future of our midfield.

barkley is a good player, not great. he's got potential but would be stupid paying the transfer fees being reported for a good player.
yet another classic example of a decent english player being hyped beyond his ability.

£60 million, deary me. And then they wonder why Premier League clubs buy from abroad.

£35 million MAX at a push, no more.

Do they not do tribunals anymore if clubs can't agree a fee? We will definitely need some English/homegrown for our quota in the coming years.

Blue Maverick said:
Do they not do tribunals anymore if clubs can't agree a fee? We will definitely need some English/homegrown for our quota in the coming years.

Only if they're out of contract and leave on a free

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.